Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:52:49 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: 03-05 Accord Coupe Fog Light  (Read 22842 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »

It's extremely easy to do after the first time. I took my bumper off for the first time awhile ago to blackhouse my headlights, then later took it back off to remove the intake resonator, and I had that bitch off in less than five minutes. Just man up and do it lol

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »

It really only takes like 5-10 minutes to do if you know what you're doing.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »

yeah it didnt take that long, i just thought it would be possible to do install them w.o. taking it off, and where can i get an oem harness for the fogss
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

You will have an awful time installing them without taking your bumper off.  There's really no easy way to run the harness.  You will probably have the best luck buying an OEM harness from Honda.  You can try your local dealership, or you can try an online parts site like Bernardi Honda, College Hills Honda, or (uugghhhhh) Majestic Honda.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 05:52:27 PM »

thankss, and i was looking at my fogs just now and decided it would be eextremely difficult with the bumper still on.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 04:13:29 AM »

And then the light bulb turns on.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »

has anyone used the ebay harness? Does it work okay?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 12:18:27 AM »

OEM is better than eBay.  You don't know what you're getting on eBay.  It may be good, or it may need to be modified.  Save yourself the headache and get the OEM one.  It's not that expensive.

Tim
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »

Ok, just picked up an oem harness, the harness for the switch looks ok, and I got it on ebay, idk if I should replace that as well, (im not made of money mind you)
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 07:52:52 AM »

Well, you can try it.  If you have problems with it or it doesn't work, you can spend the $15 for the OEM harness.

Tim
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »

so i installed the switch of the fog light harness today, and i followed the oem directions, but i was left with one female connector with 5 pins unplugged. This is a picture of it. There was no male plug that was the same as it, so i left it unplugged. Am i missing something?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG=http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2964/carconnector.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:23:33 PM by pbplayer257 » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »

IIRC, there will be a spare female plug to replace the one used in the fuse panel for other accessories that utilize that plug. You should be fine.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 01:55:03 PM »

I want my fog lights to be on when my motor is on, what wire do I connect them to, since I don't have a wire harness.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 07:00:24 AM »

Sounds to me like you're trying to do the oldschool, pick up fog lights from any auto parts, straight wire it to the battery install. Since that happens to be the case, you can't use an OEM switch to turn them on or off and you'd have to use any simple toggle/ rocker switch. That is, of course, if you wanted to be able to turn them off without having the key in. Here's a dirty diagram I found with a simple Google search:

If you want to bypass the switch in that diagram, you wire pin 85 from the relay directly to a wire that is hot when your key is turned on. There are a number of options for that. I'll let you do that digging yourself. I've done too much already.

Now, if you want to do the mod properly and keep it semi OEM, purchase the entire harness from Honda and modify the wiring the way its pointed out elsewhere in this subforum. That part I'm DEFINITELY NOT going to find for you.

pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 11:05:35 PM »

Thank you for all that information, but i just want to know which fuse i should connect the fogs to so that they're on when the motor is on and off when the motor is off. All i have is one power wire connected to the fogs and i do not want a switch. Which fuse will allow me to do that and will turn off when the car is off
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012