Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:23:06 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: 03-05 Accord Coupe Fog Light  (Read 22851 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:27 PM »

Run the wire harness along the factory harness.

Run wires off fog harness into the fuse box. You will need to pull the 21 and 12 pin connector as indicated in the OEM instructions.

Here are the 21 and 12 pin connectors removed from the fuse box. To insert the new wires you have to undo the locks on these wire connectors. Use a small flat head screw driver to gently pry the locks off...they pop outwards..be careful they break easily.

New fog harness wires installed in factory harness.

For the I4 this is where you mount the bracket for the relays. Undo this bolt holding in the throttle cable support and reuse it to install the relay bracket. Plug the grey plug from the fog harness into the grey relay, black into black.

Reinstall the bottom cover on the fuse box, install the provided fuse, and you are ready to install the lights themselves.

With the bumper removed, its time to cut-out the plastic inserts. I used masking tape around the opening to help prevent scratches. I used a utility knife and a dremel tool to make nice clean cuts. Take your time with this...there are no "do-overs".

Assemble the fog light mounting brackets.

Mount brackets on bumper opening

Install the fog light housing on bumper

Next reinstall your bumper, and plug-in the power to each fog light.

All is left is to install the switch on the dash. I didn't take any pics of this because its sort-of straight forward, and its really tight laying under the steering column. I can take some pictures if people need them.

Cheers!

Information was transfered from Gen7Accord.com.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

Thanks for transferring my write-up. Was wondering if it was lost forever!
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »

No problem at all. I've been trying to find all of the useful stickies and DIYs from the old G7A. I got majority of it, but I am still looking around to see if there are any left.
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »

Any chance you could take pics of the interior harness install? Thats the only thing holding me back as I cannot figure out how to get access and what exact connectors I need to mess with.  Also, I wasn't aware that you had to transfer individual wires from the pin connectors? I have the aftermarket harness and it said it was strictly plug and play.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:01:30 PM »

Technically, it is.  If you're coming to Skippy's when I'm in town, I'll help you out with this.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »

Quote from: "Accord Euro-R"
Any chance you could take pics of the interior harness install? Thats the only thing holding me back as I cannot figure out how to get access and what exact connectors I need to mess with.  Also, I wasn't aware that you had to transfer individual wires from the pin connectors? I have the aftermarket harness and it said it was strictly plug and play.

I can try to get some pics next time I work on my car.  I don't know about the aftermarket kit but the OEM kit requires you do add wires to the existing wire plugs that go into the fuse box.

Installing the switch inside the car is very simple.  There is only 1 wire harness to run. Basically you take off your bottom dash under the steering wheel, plug the harness into the fuse box by the floor...mount a ground wire to a bolt, and attach your switch.
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:24:33 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Technically, it is.  If you're coming to Skippy's when I'm in town, I'll help you out with this.

OK thanx Tim. I am def coming to Skippys on Sunday most likely.  Hopefully you can at least show me what to do since I am not electronically talented

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:58:39 PM »

Bring everything, including the install instructions.  I am bringing my tools to do some electrical work.  I will install these for you if you want.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 11:02:07 PM »

MAJOR props to Tim for helping me out today.  Thanx a ton dude, ill get that harness ASAP.

NOTE:  If you bought the eBay kit, get rid of both harnesses they are crap!

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »

I'm going to add this link below for those of us with ebay/ replica fogs.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657061/3

Worked for me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:07 PM »

Has anyone tried to install 4 door fog lights on a coupe?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 01:36:49 PM »

Why? The grill openings are different so the housings won't sit right. You'll have the factory openings on the outside of the fogs and make your front end look retarded. There's other reasons why I'd be against it but those were the first ones to pop into my head.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »

word, is it possible to install fogs without taking the bumper off
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »

You could if you want to make it more difficult for yourself.  Why does everyone ask that question?

Tim
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »

cause i recently just took it off, and i don't want to do it again lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012