Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:15:53 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A  (Read 167715 times)
super425

Reputation Power: 1
super425 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2013, 12:07:11 AM »

Nice I will wait till my money not that tight than will give them a call again and ask about that.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »

Just did the install, really easy and only took 1.5 hours.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2013, 04:07:39 AM »

You're still alive?

It's definitely super easy to do though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2013, 04:08:01 PM »

You're still alive?

It's definitely super easy to do though.

Somewhat, 1 more year of school and work. I had the damn thing sitting in my apartment for 6 months before I found time to install it. Bought it for 30 bucks off of k20.org

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2013, 05:36:07 PM »

Thought I posted:

Anyhow, I got stuck at the part about 12mm bolt underneath the manifold that you can't see.

I could feel two, one in the middle one on the left side. I couldn't get a grip on either of them. I went out and bought flex head ratcheting wrench and no help. I can latch but then I can't turn. Any tips on this?

Which one is the one to remove? (I have 2006-2007)

Would stubby wrenches help here?

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »

Figured out my problem. I am not looking at the right parts at all that I was trying to remove.

The bracket is on the right near the TB just below, and its easy to see

EDIT: I got the bolt out properly.

Required use of deep socket, the extension and my ratchet.

10000000000000x easier than the wrong bolts I was going for before LOL  laugh
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:53:29 AM by Asim » Logged

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »

I have completely installed it

Some problems: chunks of gasket needed scraping off (looked like they built grooves into the metal where the gasket was stuck)

My TSX IM didn't have two studs on it, so I'll need to buy two extra bolts, or the studs to install there. I couldn't seem to budge the original studs to move them over, probably are supposed to be permanent

Edit: Youtube'd "How to remove a stud bolt" and was able to transfer them over to the new IM.

I noticed a significant amount of carbon buildup in the old manifold, next piece (downstream of the intake manifold, that which isn't replaced). Is this a problem or normal? Should I do a seafoam?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:39:55 PM by Asim » Logged

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2013, 07:33:07 PM »

I now have some sort of vacuum leak with this new intake manifold (or I always had one, but this is amplifying the issue).

Idle is rough, low throttle there is a pause where it feels like its afraid to go... Not sure what happened.

I tried finding the issue, to no avail. Sprayed brake cleaner to see if I could find the leak. Tightened bolts just in case...

I bought a new TB gasket, had to scrape off a little bit of the old one.

The Manifold gasket I used one that was provided to me by the seller of the Intake Manifold (it was sandwiched between the TSX injector base and the TSX IM) he sold me the full assembly.

Its possible that I didn't scrape off well enough when I took my original gasket off (there were a couple of chunks). Or maybe the one I used got damaged with all the time spent in the garage.

Any tips?

A S I M O
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »

That metal IM gasket should have some kind of black coating on it that performs the sealing, were there any areas of it that had bare metal? If that's the case, it needs to be replaced. You could pick up the P2R gasket, but it's probably better to stick with OEM anyways.

When I got my TSX IM, the gasket that the guy shipped with it had parts where the bare metal was showing. I never used it because of that.

I also tried checking the seal around the top of the throttle body and IM with some carb cleaner, but saw no bubbles or anything out of the ordinary. It would suck if I had some kind of vacuum leak on the underside of the two. I want to say there's also an EGR valve or an IACV valve of some sort that's also prone to causing vacuum leaks? Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on that. I have the exact same issues as you, however.

Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2013, 10:00:37 AM »

I'll unbolt it tonight and try to do the criss cross pattern hopefully to help seat the gasket. Most likely is I had some leak before which is amplified now... I mean because I did notice similar issues in rare situations.

Idle is rough too

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2013, 11:06:53 PM »

No Vacuum leak, shop did a test and couldn't find anything to it. The problem isn't so easy to reproduce. He did an idle re-learn which has improved the idle roughness but there is still some roughness at some points. Also, that issue remains when you let go of the brake and are ready to hit the gas, that hesitation.

I am thinking whatever it was the problem lies elsewhere, and the TSX IM has simple magnified it (but isn't the cause of it)

Some websites suggest replacing the vacuum lines one by one to find it?

A S I M O
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »

They do smoke test?
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 01, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »

They do smoke test?

They said I could do one if I really wanted, but didn't think it would find anything. I can get them to do it next time I am there.

I will try cleaning MAF sensor and Throttle Body

A S I M O
Slade
Fucking Newb

Deathstroke

Reputation Power: 1
Slade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 24, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »

I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I'm not complete ignorant when it comes to working on cars, however when it comes to doing this I just can't. Maybe this too much to ask seeing as how I just joined but is there anyone in the LI, NY or even NYC area who could help me do this? I have the manifold in my trunk for about 3 weeks now. If you want compensation for your time I'd be more then happy to oblige.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2013, 10:23:29 PM »

Wish I had time to help you while I'm in LI in a few weeks. I'm just gonna be too busy though.

It really isn't hard to do. If you can turn a wrench, you can definitely do this.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012