Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:42:21 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Fitness Thread  (Read 168468 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
Quote from: "ROLO"
Nike Shox are the best to run IMO

That would be most peoples first assumption because it is a popular shoe but you should actually go to a running store and have them check your feet as well as stride to see what shoe fits best for your feet and body.  You might end up with Brooks, Saucony, Asics or even Shox.

I went and got fitted. I got Asics. I like them a lot. I need to start running more. Maybe that will slim me up more than biking. Biking has made my legs huge but nothing else has changed. I would rather just be slimmer and fit than be ripped so I dont really lift weights much.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
Quote from: "ROLO"
Nike Shox are the best to run IMO

That would be most peoples first assumption because it is a popular shoe but you should actually go to a running store and have them check your feet as well as stride to see what shoe fits best for your feet and body.  You might end up with Brooks, Saucony, Asics or even Shox.

I went and got fitted. I got Asics. I like them a lot. I need to start running more. Maybe that will slim me up more than biking. Biking has made my legs huge but nothing else has changed. I would rather just be slimmer and fit than be ripped so I dont really lift weights much.

One of the most important things about running is keeping the shoes, make sure you buy running shoes and are not running in Pumas or something. You will fuck up your feet and stride badly. When you find a pair of shoes that you like, stick with them! Buy a few pairs of the same thing change it about every 700 miles. I remember my coach showed me his closet filled with 30 pairs of new balance shoes, they were about to stop making them so he bought that many. When you start to see damage on the outside of the shoe it's time to change it, because the damage on the inside is worse. Also, the most expensive shoes are usually designed to correct certain orthopedic problems, so don't go past $100 in shoes either unless you know you have a certain problem. I ran 3 years with adidas, then i switched to new balance for a year, and then all of high school i ran with asics. My running career is now over, but I still run to keep in shape as a said before, and I still have my asics.

I would much rather swim than run but running is so much more convenient.  Just put on my shorts and shoes and I'm out the door.  With swimming I'd have to drive about 15 minutes and on top of that pay to get into the facility.

That shake doesnt sound that bad but with one cup of milk it doesnt sound like it would be enough liquid seeing how you said lots of oatmeal, whey protein powder and then PB.

I see what you mean about convenience, yeah it's easier to get up in the morning throw on shorts and go run instead of drive then change, then swim, then drive back. I work at a health club so i can get in for free, but even with that I sometimes just don't want to drive so I go run.

And maybe a bit more milk, sorry we eyed nearly everything, but it did taste good Cheesy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 11:00:52 PM by Paulius005 » Logged

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:22 PM »

Quote from: "najeezy"
i used to run a 5:45 mile. i'd better get back to running now that summers about to end and i lost all my endurance -____-

Meh, I ran 4.38.52 for 1609 meters, so a full mile, and 15:02 for a 5k. That was my junior year, nearly made it to state, got injured though. I did a time trial mile not too long ago and ran 5.49 so a heavy drop, but I am still in decent shape.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
evo6011

Reputation Power: 0
evo6011 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »

So you can run sub 11 minutes for 2 miles? My best time in the army was low 13's for 2 miles.....now, not so much. Probably
mid 15's or so.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"

One of the most important things about running is keeping the shoes, make sure you buy running shoes and are not running in Pumas or something. You will fuck up your feet and stride badly. When you find a pair of shoes that you like, stick with them! Buy a few pairs of the same thing change it about every 700 miles. I remember my coach showed me his closet filled with 30 pairs of new balance shoes, they were about to stop making them so he bought that many. When you start to see damage on the outside of the shoe it's time to change it, because the damage on the inside is worse. Also, the most expensive shoes are usually designed to correct certain orthopedic problems, so don't go past $100 in shoes either unless you know you have a certain problem. I ran 3 years with adidas, then i switched to new balance for a year, and then all of high school i ran with asics. My running career is now over, but I still run to keep in shape as a said before, and I still have my asics.
Depending on the shoe, 700 miles may be a bit much.  Now, I agree that is a good number, but some shoes can wear out in as little as 300 miles.  I know quite a few runners that average about 300 - 500 miles on a pair of shoes.

- Mark
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2009, 12:02:37 AM »

Quote from: "alpha"
Quote from: "Paulius005"

Depending on the shoe, 700 miles may be a bit much.  Now, I agree that is a good number, but some shoes can wear out in as little as 300 miles.  I know quite a few runners that average about 300 - 500 miles on a pair of shoes.
Good point! I was just trying to day by 700 they MUST be changed, but at 300-500 shoes usually have a decent amount of wear; I guess i should have clarified. I change mine every 450.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2009, 02:45:03 PM »

For those of you who bike, please be careful. My best friend was hit by a semi on the highway and killed this morning while doing a 200km solo ride.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »

^ holy crap - sorry to hear that man.

on the running front, i have nike shox as all around cross trainers and have started to use them for running.  they're not bad but for me their more of an all around shoe and not the most comfortable running shoe.  they feel stiffer than they should IMO.

i should visit a running store as im at about the 100 mile mark even with the shox.  ive hear pretty decent things about the gnarley Nike FREE 5.0's (http://dorunning.blogspot.com/2009/04/n ... trial.html).  theyre pretty radical so i dont know if im the best candidate but they seem interesting to try.

J u s t i n
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »

For those of you who bike, please be careful. My best friend was hit by a semi on the highway and killed this morning while doing a 200km solo ride.

Sorry to hear that, Bill. And x2 on being careful to all the bikers out there. I love to bike but I stick to mountain biking for that purpose. Also I get more of a workout that way. Either way, RIP to your friend man.  :|

-JT

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »

I just went on my first run in a while.  I forgot how invigorating it actually is.

- Mark
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2009, 07:48:51 AM »

^^Got them endorphines kickin, Mark! Smiley

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »

Any other weight lifters here? I've been lifting for about 5 years now.  I do mostly bodybuilding type workouts with some powerlifting mixed in.  I really got hooked when I became friends with some guys in college who were both Nutrition Science majors and into amateur bodybuilding.  I learned a ton from them, and seeing their results really kept me motivated.  

I'd be happy to provide some advice for anyone interested in strength training.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »

I have never used any supplements. I have heard that creatine is horrible for you, so I would stay away from any thing like that.

There is a lot of incorrect information about creatine.  If taken in reasonable amounts, creatine is harmless.  Few people know that creatine monohydrate (creatine) is a naturally occurring compound in meat.  The heat from cooking breaks down creatine, so we intake very little.  Metabolically, creatine helps your skeletal muscles produce energy; by providing a phosphate donor to convert adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to adenosine triphospate (ATP).  The stories you hear about creatine being bad for you is in cases when people take like 5x the recommended daily amount.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 07:54:50 AM »

Creatine is a great muscle endurance supplement. You just have to make sure that you compensate with the right amount of hydration or you could easily damage your kidneys.

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »

Quote from: "clapton924"
I have never used any supplements. I have heard that creatine is horrible for you, so I would stay away from any thing like that.

There is a lot of incorrect information about creatine.  If taken in reasonable amounts, creatine is harmless.  Few people know that creatine monohydrate (creatine) is a naturally occurring compound in meat.  The heat from cooking breaks down creatine, so we intake very little.  Metabolically, creatine helps your skeletal muscles produce energy; by providing a phosphate donor to convert adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to adenosine triphospate (ATP).  The stories you hear about creatine being bad for you is in cases when people take like 5x the recommended daily amount.

+1

I'm taking Creatine right now, well in the powder form there's actually 3 different types of Creatine in there. You can def feel it. After a few days I've got my leg press up to 275 so far. My upperbody is weak as well and sore, trying to train that but it's kicking my arse, any help? Bueller? Bueller?

*EDIT* And I'm drinking the right amount of water, thats a key necessity. I've got my Gator waterbottle sitting next to me LOL  :mrgreen:  There's something about working out at 5AM that really pumps me up, I get to work and people are like WTF are you on? My friend asked me if I was on steriods. Weird.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012