Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:14:59 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little issue this morning on the way to work  (Read 21475 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »

There are none.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 02:54:58 PM »

Mike is doing after its warmed too?

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »

To a lesser degre but, its still there.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »

Hmm, well it sounds to me like it's throttle related. Have the RPMs changed at all, as in, are they moving erratically different from what you're used to see them? If we can cross out certain factors, it'll make it easier to diagnose what exactly is happening.

Just for kicks, have you tried resetting the ECU?

phunctional

Reputation Power: 0
phunctional pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »

mine is almost the opposite.. i can cruise and just take my foot off the gas and ill feel the car almost "pull" itself like its trying to stop.. my old 97 volvo would keep rolling like a ton of steel (which it was) till you did something. seems like the accord will stop on its own though.

CM82
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »

Quote from: "phunctional"
mine is almost the opposite.. i can cruise and just take my foot off the gas and ill feel the car almost "pull" itself like its trying to stop.. my old 97 volvo would keep rolling like a ton of steel (which it was) till you did something. seems like the accord will stop on its own though.

What do you mean by "almost the opposite?" Is your car shutting off, or are the RPMs dropping low? It sounds like your thing is absolutely normal. Our cars "shutdown" the fuel system when decelerating to help with braking. That may be what you're experiencing.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »

I agree. But the next time I drive my car, I'll examine the braking thing more closely. Although some more specific information as to how exactly this problem is affecting your car would be greatly appreciated. When you say the tachometer drops, where do they drop from? Like, is it merely from 1.5k to like 1.1k, or is it something like from 1.5k to 700 then back up to around 1.1k? Are you able to reproduce the problem?

I'm determined to see this problem get resolved. :twisted:

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 07:49:59 PM »

Could it be your a/c compressor turning on? My rpms can +/- 300-400 rpms when it turns on. It is probably not as noticeable on your V6 though. Just a thought.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 08:16:26 PM »

I drops from like 900 to 600. The drop isn't big, and it seems to go away when it gets warm. I had the guy that rebuild my transmission come for a ride with me, and he assures me its not transmission related (bullshit), and said to drive it for a couple of more weeks. I'll take his advice, and not argue with him because the transmission is under warranty so it's his problem if it goes. I'm going to wait a few days and see if it clears up. Another thing that may some how contribute to this is that fact that I used Regular gas, and I usually use premium. I'm going to add some octane booster, and fill the rest of the tank with premium and see if it has an impact(Thanks Tim).

Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to give me advise I will carry out your suggestion and see if it helps.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »

If you don't mind my asking what did Paul suggest?

Also, as far as your transmission guy goes, that's how it is across the board. Nobody will blame their own work as being the cause of a problem. They'll all say their shit is bulletproof and flawless... the list goes on. What kind of a warranty does your transmission have? 90 days/ 3K miles? 1 year/ 15K miles? Rebuilds usually don't have long warranties. That's why I ask.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »

1 yr. 15k, and I can pay to xtend it out to 3 years and 60k. New thing I noticed is that the head lights dim alot when this happens, and it totally goes away when it warms up.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 10:05:25 PM »

Its a good thing you have a decent warranty on the tranny. From the way you describe all the symptoms, it points to the tranny. Or quite possibly your tranny computer (if there's a separate one from the main ECU, I wouldn't know).

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 11:03:59 PM »

The lights dimming add's to the mystery, and makes me wonder if it could be electrical... I've had a horriable fucking day!!!
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »

My lights constantly dim when I have the A/C on. That's normal, although I'd like to see it go away. :P

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 08:55:12 AM »

My AC wasn't on.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012