Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:29:05 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little issue this morning on the way to work  (Read 21477 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »

I don't know if any of you have expirenced this or have an idea of what it might be but, i'm going to throw it out there in hopes that someone does. This morning I left for work in a hurry I usually give the car 5 or 10 seconds of running before I back out of the drive way today I didn't. When i stopped at a red light with my foot on the brake the RPMS would drop a couple hundred, and the car would try to move forward. It would happen and then stop and then happen again. Kind of odd.

Here is the updated list of symptoms:

Issue started in the morning on 07/16

At a stop with the car in Drive or 1st gear when cold the car shutters, and lurtches forward slightly while exibiting a minute drop in RPMS.

When this issue occurs the lights dim.

On 7/3 I installed an intake (AEM V1)
On my last fill up I used Regular Gas insted of Premium for the first time in months.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:07:45 AM »

Hmmm, sounds odd. I don't know if you have a MT or AT, but I have noticed for me (AT), that sometimes when braking, the car will downshift, and apparently that lower gear gives it enough torque to keep the car moving. This results in me having to push the brakes even harder. It's nothing serious, though.

I hope someone else can help you out better than I could.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »

It's a V6 auto. I have noticed what you speaking of as well.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »

Well, if that's what it is, and if you have OEM brakes, then I don't think there's much you can do. I'd say that it's the fault of the brakes, because I have to admit, they suck, lol. I've got the OEM tires and brakes with 43k miles on them, and both of them need replacing soon. My brakes are so damned sensitive it's not even funny. there's a huge dead spot in the brake pedal, then all of a sudden WHAM, you're thrown through the windshield! :P

My advice would be to always be prepared for that situation, or just simply get new brakes. I may be wrong, but it seems that when the brakes warm up a little, that problem tends to go away.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:30:19 AM »

Very well could be the brakes. They are being upgraded to legend gs dual piston calipers this weekend if I get the hardware from Paul. The RPM's moving is what caused the alarm. It just didn't feel normal to me. I would doubt it's transmission related seeing as it was rebuilt less than 6k ago. I remember my Camry having a similar issue way back, and a tune up fixed it. Maybe its time for me to replace the plugs I don't know if they have ever been done, and I’m @ about 75k
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:47:45 AM »

And just for the record, whenever you see the RPMs drop like that when braking, that's when the car downshifts. You usually don't see the RPMs drop when shifting because you've got your foot on the pedal most of the time.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »

They are moving when I'm at a stop. That's why i'm concerned it doesn't happen while i'm braking it happens when the car is stopped, and i'm sitting in traffice with my foot on the brake.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »

All that happened was since you went out cold it up-shifted to fast on you.  “Normal” This happens to me every day when I take my car out the parking garage. They never warm the shit up; it goes from 1st to 2nd in a flash.

The RPM’s should reflect the shifting and that’s my assumption why your RPM’s did what they did.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:18:35 AM by ibcnunv » Logged

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
AV6NHBP6SPD

AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 11:18:11 AM »

maybe your idle is screwed up? did you check lines for that stuff? ask Paul
when was last time you cleaned your Throtle body?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:40 AM »

I've had the same thing happen to my TL and my Expedition (I don't have the Expedition anymore. That got traded for my CM). It was an occasional thing with both vehicles. I never really knew why though. Also, it happened regardless of the temp. Absolutely random.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 12:00:48 PM »

Oh I see now. Yeah, completely normal. The car is injecting more fuel to warm it up to operating temps (or something like that). That's partly why the car revs to like 1500 RPM during cold starts, and you can hear the intake hiss like crazy if you have one. Usually when I drive off while the car is still cold, the intake is super loud even when driving at like 30mph lol. But once the car is warm, you're good to go.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »

Jeff, that makes sense to me. I've experienced that in other vehicles. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain my vehicles doing it at completely random times.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »

I sent a PM to Paul I'd like to hear his thoughts. I'm going to attempt to change the plugs since I dont know wheather or not they have been done. Not sure how big a task it is but, i'm going to try it.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »

Just changed the plugs, and it is still acting up. Fucking driving me nuts.!! Still waiting to hear from pull I'm pulling my hair out I can't stand when my car isn't running right!!!
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »

So your car is idling abnormally high? Have you tried checking your throttle cables and see how tight they are? If they're like super tight, you should loosen them. I accidentally tightened them too much once, and it made the car idle at 3000 RPM, lol.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012