Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:13:39 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle One Keep Clean Wheel (thumbs down)  (Read 7006 times)
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:05:39 AM »

So I was running low on some of my detailing supplies so I decided to head over to my local Auto Zone.  While there I noticed they were running a special on select Eagle One products, two for $7.  One product that I've seen on TV recently was the Keep Clean Wheel product that's supposed to repel dirt debris and brake dust.  "Cool," I thoughy, I'll give it a shot.

The directions are to apply the product on a clean, dry wheel.  I cleaned and towel-dried the wheels prior to application.  More instructions note to get the product into every nook and cranny.  The product will haze while it dries but should become invisible once dry in about 15 minutes.  You should not drive your car before the product has a chance to dry.  

So, after applying the product and waiting about 15 minutes I go to check the progress.  Sure enough, there is a milky-looking, hazy finish on the wheels.  Giving it the benefit of the doubt, I let it sit about a half hour before checking on it.  Same result.  At this point I had to leave to run some errands with Genevieve.  We took her car.  After returning about two hours later the end result is the same as before.  Nasty-looking hazy finish that took me a better part of 15 minutes to buff out with a microfiber towell.  

I have not had the opportunity to test the claim of this product to repel road debris and brake dust but so far I am dissapointed with this product.  I will update this thread with any more info on the claim of keeping the wheels clean.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:30:37 AM »

That sucks to hear Milan.  Kinda weird how something would haze when it dries, but then goes clear.  Maybe they didn't think this one through?  I hope that after buffing your wheels it looked good again and works like it's supposed to.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:32:06 PM »

Milan it's kinda funny that you're talking about Eagle One products (funny ironic, not funny "ha ha")because I also bought an E1 tire cleaner today from my local AZ. It's the Eagle one complete tire cleaner 'from AtoZ' and I wasn't that impressed with it either.

Maybe E1 products just suck and thats why autozone is trying to get rid of them.

Sorry you had to buff your tires, kind of defeats the purpose of buying a tire product if you have to scrub the heck out of them.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
05AccordV6

Reputation Power: 10
05AccordV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:50:40 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
That sucks to hear Milan.  Kinda weird how something would haze when it dries, but then goes clear.  Maybe they didn't think this one through?  I hope that after buffing your wheels it looked good again and works like it's supposed to.

Dependabt on the finish, I've seen that keep clean destroy the clear coat on a polished rim before.  The only E1 product that works well is their invisible glass window cleaner, works better than any others I've tried and actually prevents fogging in rain and on humid days

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »

I used Eagle One Wheel and Tire cleaner and it took the clear coat off of my wheels. I followed all of the directions.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 07:50:38 PM »

P21s wheel gel cleaner to clean the wheel and then a coat of wheel wax will do you just fine. I literally hose my wheels off and quickly dry with a leaf blower and they look like new from a daily drive. Amazing stuff. Collinite 845 Carnauba wax is another great product to use. Last product to try is a product called Rejex, but the price is too expensive.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »

P21s wheel gel cleaner to clean the wheel and then a coat of wheel wax will do you just fine. I literally hose my wheels off and quickly dry with a leaf blower and they look like new from a daily drive. Amazing stuff. Collinite 845 Carnauba wax is another great product to use. Last product to try is a product called Rejex, but the price is too expensive.

Does the P21s require any surface agitation? I'm trying out a bottle of SCG Beyond Steel wheel cleaner and it says you do not have to scrub the wheel but they lie. In reality you do have to lightly brush the surface of the wheel to get them spotless.  I'd be interested in trying this P21s if it does not require any scrubbing.
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:21:27 PM »

No wheel cleaner is going to be completely spray on and rinse off. The p21s is the best by far.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »

I figured. I will have to try this P21S next.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 12:46:52 AM »

Yeah I am not too fond of E1 products myself... There tire gloss sux especially..

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »

Milan your findings are the SAME as mine. at first i thougth i left too much water on the rim becaue the haze did not go away. took me a long friggin time to clean that SHIT off in the dark because i could not leave the wheels like that. the next day i tried it again thinking i applied too much and left it sit for a hour. SAME DAMN SHIT....waste of my $3.50

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
Deep Gloss

Reputation Power: 1
Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »

Quote from: "unclejud49348"
Milan it's kinda funny that you're talking about Eagle One products (funny ironic, not funny "ha ha")because I also bought an E1 tire cleaner today from my local AZ. It's the Eagle one complete tire cleaner 'from AtoZ' and I wasn't that impressed with it either.

Maybe E1 products just suck and thats why autozone is trying to get rid of them.

Sorry you had to buff your tires, kind of defeats the purpose of buying a tire product if you have to scrub the heck out of them.

I have used A-Z and thought it was VERY good for what it is and that is a hardcore cleaner........ If they sold it in bulk I would but it...
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 11:14:30 PM »

P21S is great for sensitive aftermarket rims or for vehicled with sensitive breaking systems. Another good one is Suf City Beyond Steel.. more economical than P21s and more suitable for most set ups
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »

Quote from: "clapton924"

Does the P21s require any surface agitation? I'm trying out a bottle of SCG Beyond Steel wheel cleaner and it says you do not have to scrub the wheel but they lie. In reality you do have to lightly brush the surface of the wheel to get them spotless.  I'd be interested in trying this P21s if it does not require any scrubbing.

All cleaners will require agitation unless you are using some really strong stuff. If you left P21s on over night it may all come off with no agitation depending on how dirty the surface was.

Even strong acid based cleaners such as Meguiars Wheel Brightner or Danase Tire Assasin dont get every single nook & cranny and, with these cleaners you must pratice safety due to the fact they are hf.

If you are not enjoying cleaning your tires you are using the wrong brush(es). let me show you the brush that changed it all for me...http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/prod ... index.html

It has reached deep into just about any barrel and is small/thin enough that you can pivot it to get the rear side of most rims. Also for final rim wipedowns I wrap a mf towel around this brush and spray QD on it and in the rim barrels...
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »

I hate that stuff.  I got a 1.5oz free sample of it at a car show, used it once, realized it sucked then threw it out.  sorry you wasted coin on it.

J u s t i n
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012