Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:43:29 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound Damping materials  (Read 6854 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:49:46 PM »

What do you guys use and why?

Dynamat is so darn overpriced!

I hear peal and seal used for roofing is really good

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »

It also stinks.  Use what's intended for an automotive application.  I use b-quiet extreme.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
another_person
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »

if you check the specs, b-quite extreme is pretty much exactly the same as dynamat, and you get almost twice as much for the same price. 100' is enough for 4 doors and most of the trunk...

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »

I heard of a few people using peal and seal they said it smell like tar but it goes away after a few days so that would be a cheaper alternative

stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »

Elemental Designs is having a sale on their eDead 80 since theyre eDead 40 is on backorder if you're interested... My friend uses their sound deadening products and I approve of it.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_inf ... cts_id=786

macanic

Reputation Power: 0
macanic pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »

you can use HUSH MAT it is the best stuff beside dyno mat.

-CORY- MDVACM #18
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 09:29:41 PM »

To be completely honest, it's all the same stuff.  The difference is the thickness of the material, which relates to the ability to reduce vibration, and the cost, which relates to the ability to lighten your wallet.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »

hmmm is it hard to install all of that sound damping material? Also will this help reduce the road noise?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 11:25:47 PM »

No and yes.

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 11:49:14 PM »

Ty tim. Going to see if honda will replace my oem speaker under warrenty first. If not I am going to switch it all up with aftermarket stuff.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »

sigh... they won't fix it. Where do I start with the sound damping material? Door panels, trunk, how about the floor and stuff? I need some guidance for this please. 100% noob to audio build and stuff. So any suggestion would be good. A book would also be good.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 07:51:51 AM »

First off, what is wrong with your speaker?  I'm not sure what your budget is or what you're goals are, but that's a good place to start.  PM me and I can help you out.

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »

alright I am going to sound deaden my trunk. Stupid mofo drone is coming from the rear. Going to start with the rear and then do the doors, and finally the floors. Just waiting for more money...

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »

Okay.  Get the b-quiet stuff.

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 12:50:07 PM »

Tim what do you think for RAAMmat? It looks to be denser then the B-quiet one and they are having a deal right now

http://www.raamaudio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=19&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Also how much do I need to do the trunk? If there is any left over I will do the doors.

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012