Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:47:51 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound Damping materials  (Read 6856 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »

You can if you want to.  I've only suggested B-Quiet because that's what I have used and have had good experience with it.  Just make sure you don't fall into the hype of what most manufacturers will try and sell.  Dynamat is decent stuff, but it's all pretty much the same.  The areas you need to compare is the thickness and weight between different products.  When you want to reduce noise, you have to add mass.  Don't pay for a name, pay for a better product.  That $99 kit will be fine for your trunk.  You can get 50 square feet of B-Quiet Ultimate from the company on eBay for $134 shipped.  I'd say either the RAAMmat or B-Quiet would be fine.  You can also get 100 feet of eDead Extreme 45, which is only 45 mils thick, for $125 shipped.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:06:04 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 07:24:59 PM »

Thanks for your input Tim. I will do further research. I was planing just to do the trunk and with any left over take care of the doors. My main concern is to quiet down a majority of the exhaust drone from the back of my car.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012