Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:18:45 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TL wheels  (Read 10152 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2009, 10:27:12 PM »

Does anyone know the value of a set of TL 5-spoke wheels with tires? I do not know the exact specs or condition of the tires yet or the condition of the wheels. I will post that info when I get it. Someone on V6p is offering me a set in trade for the grams therefore, I figured I would ask you guys Good deal or no?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:53:14 PM »

Depends on the tires on them and which TL wheels they are and the condition of both.  Tehcnically, all the TL wheels are 5 spokes.  I'm assuming these are not the TL-S wheels or the split 5 spokes.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:04:35 AM »

There was someone selling these wheels on g7a. They were going for $450 with decent tread left.

Mike are you talking about these?

exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »

^^^ Thats correct J-dub those are the ones he is wanting to trade. The wheels are flawless and two of the tires he said he will replace. I am tired of having the grams just siting in storage and not being able to use them. Therefore, I told him how about we trade wheels for wheels he keeps his tires and I keep mine, and he covers shipping on his end and mine. The tires on hisare 235/45-17 and he is way lower than me. Do you guys think a 245/45-17 will give me any fitment issues?

Thanks
-Big Mike

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »

That's not a bad deal if he pays for shipping both ways.  I had 245/45/17's on my TL wheels on my sedan and didn't have any issues.  I know that Thien has 245/45/17's on his coupe.  I think he's lowered on S Techs or H Techs (forgot which ones), and I know he doesn't have any problems with fitment.  You may want to hit him up about that.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »

damnit Tim you beat me to it!

I don't think I've seen a silver coupe with TL rims.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »

I've seen a few.  They look pretty good.  The TL wheels look better on 7th Gen Accords than they do on TLs.

Tim
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »

I think SableSal had Tl wheels on his and I think he ended up painting them too. Sounds like a good deal to me too Big Mike.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »

Thanks for the input guys. I will hit up thein and see if he has any fitment issues, Soon I plan on cutting half a coil of the sprints to give me a little more lower stance.

:smile:  Shocked  :lol:  :mrgreen:  :arrow:  :?:  :roll:  :oops:  :evil:  Cool  :x  :|  :shock:  :wink:  :smile:  :oops:  :evil:  :idea:  :mrgreen:  :x  :roll:  :cry:  Shocked  :wink:

:twisted:

From the person you spelled his name wrong.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »

Curse you Mike.  :evil:
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 06:31:22 PM »

Let us know how the deal goes. Def would look bad ass.

I know some people do this but I would not reccommend cutting your springs Mike.  But thats another topic for another time Smiley
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 09:51:51 PM »

Sorry Thien, I always forget the spelling of your name, honest mistake. And if they do get cut, it will only be temporary as in a few months until coilovers are obtained

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 12:35:36 AM »

Mike, do not cut your springs.  It's ghetto as hell and very unsafe.  Please, do it right or don't do it at all.  Just be patient and wait for coil overs.  If you do cut your springs, I will chastise you forever.

Tim
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 01:17:10 AM »

I think my mind is made up now, You guys all say no go.. Therefore it is a no-go. Tim, How low are you? And how much negative camber are you running to fit the 245's?

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 08:07:49 AM »

Here's the thing Mike.  I use my TLs with 245s as my winter wheels, so I'm not completely dumped when I have them on my car.  On top of that, coupes can run a lower offset than sedans.  Here's the truth about my set up though.  When I have my TLs (17x8 +45 w/245/45/17) on, I usually have a 1 finger gap and I believe that I have my Basics are about 3/4" from the bottom thread.  With my Buddy Clubs (18x7.5 +42 w/235/40/18) on, I am all the way down on my Basics.  I keep within OEM spec for my camber (0º in the front and -1º in the rear).  I also have my fenders pulled, but I have not modified my quarter panels.

I'm glad to hear you're not going to be cutting your springs.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012