Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:51:43 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Master List Of Suspension Upgrades  (Read 59887 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2013, 12:28:50 PM »

See my review of them in the retailers sub forum.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
06RockHead

Reputation Power: 2
06RockHead pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »

Read it! they also have igalls rear really cheap too. Has anybody with the Skunk2 Front camber kit had issues with it staying in alignment? Not sure how I feel about thoes four bolts keeping the alignment.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »

I haven't heard of any issues of the camber adjustments suddenly coming loose. I figure it'd be like any other fastener where you torque it down and it won't break loose unless you wanted it to.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »

i use the ingalls front camber ball joint which has only 1 bolt holding it down to the arm, never had any problems with it except that it allows only -1.5deg of camber maximum...

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2013, 09:24:51 PM »

Read it! they also have igalls rear really cheap too. Has anybody with the Skunk2 Front camber kit had issues with it staying in alignment? Not sure how I feel about thoes four bolts keeping the alignment.

I had it on my car for awhile. I made sure to anti seize the bolts. It held up fine for me, but for some odd reason, my buddy who bought them from me to put on his tsx had it come loose and shift inwards.
06RockHead

06RockHead pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2013, 09:52:39 PM »

Huh ok so maybe it's a set it and try to avoid adjusting kinda deal. And did you use anti seize of lock tight ?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »

Huh ok so maybe it's a set it and try to avoid adjusting kinda deal. And did you use anti seize of lock tight ?
I made sure to anti seize the bolts.
I bolded the answer to your question.

MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2013, 10:33:42 PM »

I used anti seize. I live in Colorado, and the weather around here can cause seize bolts. The bolts that aftermarket companies use are a standard base bolt. They will seize up and rust up. I've broken my fair share of macpherson strut camber adjustment bolts due to the weather. If you do get the Skunk2 camber kit, I highly suggest anti seizing the bolts. I suggest to torque them down to 10 ft lbs. The bolts themselves aren't a heavy duty bolt. If you overtighten them, they will break.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »

I've always had great customer service from Markus at Heel Toe.  On the other hand, I am not a fan of Skunk2 products.  I would not personally use their front camber kit (or any of their products) for a number of reasons.  I have the Ingalls front camber kit and it has served me well.  One note of caution is that you don't want to go too low with the Ingalls front camber kit.  If you do, and hit a big bump, you will smash the top of the camber kit in your shock towers and dent them.  There is also a front camber kit made by Hard Race that mimics the Spoon design.  If you're a baller, you can pick up the Spoon front camber kit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
06RockHead

06RockHead pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2013, 10:41:51 PM »

Tim you used the word baller, I had to go look. 600 is pretty steep.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2013, 10:56:05 PM »

I agree with Tim. I really didn't like the Skunk2 front camber kit. Yes, it is a lower profile if you plan to slam your car, but I have bottemed it out and put some dents on it. The bolts that Skunk2 uses are thin and small. It doesn't seem like its durable enough to withstand a 3000 lbs plus car. Hard Race is another option, but Hard Race and Megan are the same company. I've never been a fan of Megan Racing products. They all seize up and rust up.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »

Being a baller isn't cheap.  You gotta pony up for the good parts.  I've considered picking up the Spoon ones.  I have a set of Hard Race upper control arms sitting in my garage right now.  Not sure if I'm going to put them on though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
06RockHead

06RockHead pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »

Well I have to get the Ingalls rear and a tower bar or two then ill look at the spoons
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »

Just to let you know on the Spoons, you'll have to wait 3-6 months for them to come in. I waited 3 months just for my Endless to come in from Japan.
06RockHead

06RockHead pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »

That doesn't surprise me, how bad exactly do I need the front? I don plan on going super low
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012