Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:48:11 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big thanks for Jason aka Deep Gloss  (Read 3066 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »

We all know Jason from his work that he posts on the board, but I wanted to publicly thank him for taking time out of his very busy schedule to talk with me for about 30 minutes about detailing, the method and the products he uses. He was extremely informative and I have since spent close to $500 on supplies. I wish I were joking, but I am not.

I learned so much about the things that I have done wrong in the past and myths that I felt were truths.

I have purchased everything from a pressure washer, to two bucket washers, grit guards, dye/perfume free detergent, pad cleaners, waxes, sealants, etc. I cannot wait to really clean my cars once everything arrives.

Thanks Jason! You rock!
Deep Gloss

Reputation Power: 1
Deep Gloss pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »

It was my pleasure... Like I told you on the phone I enjoy passing it along to those that have the thirst...

WOW, you bought a pressure washer  - You went all out!! Man, you are going to realize after awhile that it isn't even a luxury but a necessity!

It was cool talking to you, like I said you ever need anything just dial me up!
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

Well some might actually spend time with you on the phone just for the sake of it, I however really want to do it the right way. Here is what I have purchased since we spoke yesterday morning:

6 pack of Artic White Cobra Edgeless microfiber towels - wax removal
6 pack of green 750 Cobra microfiber towels - buffing, polishing and quick detailing
3 Pack of Meguiars Waffle Microfiber towels - for drying
1 Gilmour Foam Gun
Campbell Pressure Washer
Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator
Foam Pad Cleaner
Refill for my P21s wheel gel - I love this stuff
FK425 Quick Detailer - I read a lot of pros and cons, but I am going to try it out
Lake County Orange, Black and White Pads (I already have the backing plate and everything else I need). I will practice on a test door panel I have lying around with my 7424.
Adams Undercarriage Spray
Collinite 845
Megiuars #9 (I will try it out, I think this will be all I need for the current state of my ride)
Two Grit Guards for my existing buckets
Adam's EZ Fill funnel to make for easy refilling of the undercarriage spray
Meguiars APC
For the heck of it, to try it out - I have heard mix reviews and want to see for myself - Klausse All in One Polish and Klausse Glaze Sealant
Wolfgang Plastic Surface Sealant
Surf City Road Grime
Surf City Dash Away
New (wanted to try it) RainX Glass Degreaser and Cleaner

Stuff I already had in the house that I am sure will still get some use:
Wheel Wax
Mother's Clay Bar System
Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Meguiars Quick Detailer
Meguiars Nxt 2.0 Wax
Surf City Beyond Black
Megiuars Hot Shine (although I buff to a matte finish)

I am sure I will need some more goodies over time, but for starting out, I think I have my basis covered.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »

Jason is a pretty good guy when it comes to educating people on detailing.  I have yet to find time to call him for advice, but I know I will receive the same mountain of priceless information that you got Scott.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 09:04:55 PM »

You could not have asked a better source. Jason is just as concerned about others as he is himself........truly a top notch guy. Can you tell he is tops in my book?

Rick, token old bastard.
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Jason is a pretty good guy when it comes to educating people on detailing.  I have yet to find time to call him for advice, but I know I will receive the same mountain of priceless information that you got Scott.

That guy Jason is a Arse Hole... Ha ha... Thanks Tim!
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »

Quote from: "RTexasF"
You could not have asked a better source. Jason is just as concerned about others as he is himself........truly a top notch guy. Can you tell he is tops in my book?

Thanks Rick....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012