Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:51:47 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Throttle body bypass  (Read 17812 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »

Here's what I did:

Before

After

Makes it a lot cleaner bypass. Whether or not your heater hose will be as long as mine, I'm not sure. Mine came from K&N when I got my intake, but I never cut it down because it wasn't really hurting anything. That's how I got it to reach. I couldn't get any good shots of under the throttle body, but you basically want to take the short hose that goes from the black coolant pipe on the left of the intake to the TB, and loop it through the TB.

I hope that helps some. And just so you can be prepared, when you take the heater hose off the TB, it's going to leak a little bit of coolant... but when you take that little hose off the black coolant line (if you do it my way), be prepared for a steady flow of coolant to leak out. :P

Heckler

Reputation Power: 0
Heckler pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »

Quote from: "Skippy"
For anybody wishing to do this modification, a few words of caution...The coolant lines running through the throttle body serve an important purpose.  They provide essential heat to the Idle Air Control Valve to keep it from sticking in cold weather.  If you remove the coolant loop from the IACV, you run the risk of having the valve stick on cold days.  This will make your idle fluctuate and the car will sound very ill.  You may attempt this mod if you live in a no-snow state, but I still would not recommend it.  I have not done this mod simply because I don't want to get caught with my pants down when the cold weather comes around..

Skip, there isn't any cold weather in flori-duh  :roll:

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
cd5myeleanor
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
cd5myeleanor pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 09:04:59 PM »

Georgia weather is quite extreme and dramatic at times...
I'm not entirely sure if doing this will yield positive results if the winter is cold....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »

I had done this years ago when I was in NY, ran through a few years in Miami and another couple years in CT. No ill effects on my end.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »

I've had this bypass done for a long time on different variations of my motor, living in MA and OH without any issues.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012