Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:42:01 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ENEOS Motor Oil?  (Read 5214 times)
Moe

Reputation Power: 0
Moe pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:46:51 AM »

Has anyone ever tried out ENEOS motor oil? Supposedly its great and I just wanted to know if anyone has tried it and believed it was worth it. If it is then I plan to try it out.

RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »

I have not heard of it but just googled it.  Incredibly expensive stuff. The only way to check it its performance is to run it about 5000 miles and have a used oil analysis done. If it's determined that it is good for 15,000 miles then it may be worth the expense.

Rick, token old bastard.
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »

Where did you originally here about it? Try it out and see if it's any more beneficial than the norms and let us know.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »

Quote from: "RTexasF"
I have not heard of it but just googled it.  Incredibly expensive stuff. The only way to check it its performance is to run it about 5000 miles and have a used oil analysis done. If it's determined that it is good for 15,000 miles then it may be worth the expense.

+1

That's some pretty good advice.  It may be pretty good stuff, but if you're paying through the nose and it's longevity isn't that hot, you may as well stick with someone else that's not as expensive and can provide you with the same performance.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Moe

Moe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
Where did you originally here about it? Try it out and see if it's any more beneficial than the norms and let us know.

I heard about it from a friend that went to a shop (Murray's Speed & Custom) here in Miami and they recommended the oil.

Quote from: "RTexasF"

I found the official site for them ( http://www.eneos.us/index.php ) , for some reason it doesn't come up when I google it. It's "the #1 oil in Japan" and it is used by the Honda F1 team so it must be some good, no?

RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

I believe it said they were a sponser of the F1 team. That doesn't mean that the engine has that oil in it.

Rick, token old bastard.
Moe

Moe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »

Directly from their site:

"Our partnership with the Honda Racing F1 Team has proven to be very beneficial to both parties and we are pleased to be continuing this association into 2008. Our close working relationship contributes to the evolution and development of our lubricants technology through the supply of engine and gearbox oil to the team. We seek to continue these synergies by using the involvement in Formula One, the pinnacle of global motor sports, to assist our future research and development."

RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »

You are indeed correct.

Rick, token old bastard.
Moe

Moe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 11:14:58 PM »

I guess I'll give it a try on my next oil change and tell you guys my experience with it.

RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 05:30:14 PM »

Are you going to have an oil analysis done around 5K?

Rick, token old bastard.
Moe

Moe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »

Maybe I will if I have a chance because my time will be occupied by a new project.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012