Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:31:18 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] Big 3 upgrade  (Read 18626 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »

That looks good bro. It should be fine.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 11:46:12 PM »

Looks better Clemente.  Johnathan, I'm about to start pulling out the big words now.

Kirchoff's Current Law states:
- when current leaves series to enter parallel branches, all the current that leaves must return to series
- the amount of current that enters each branch is inversely proportional to the resistance in that branch

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 11:56:30 PM »

Same friend who gave me 0 gauge wire and fuse, had a 4 gauge and fuse to offer so I took that.(Yes he has quite a few wires laying around). I will do this as soon as I get a new positive battery terminal.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 11:57:40 PM »

So after a 1hr 1/2 drive everthing seems good the car feels like a champ i turn everthing on ac on high lights and all and car still drove great

Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »

Tim, just wondering why you have to fuse the wire when you upgrade the alternator wire? I'm guessing because the stock fuse not enough amperage to handle the bigger wire? Wouldn't that just make the fuse blow faster? This should probably be my next wiring upgrade so I just wanted to clarify.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 09:41:05 AM »

Fusing the wire is a safety feature.  Technically, you don't need to.  I don't believe the OEM wiring harness has a fuse between the alternator and the battery.  I would actually have to pull the harness apart and follow it first.  The reason why I recommend a fuse is to protect your battery from blowing up in case something goes wrong.  It's just my opinion, but I'd rather not chance causing an electrical fire over a $5 part.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Looks better Clemente.  Jonathan, I'm about to start pulling out the big words now.

Kirchoff's Current Law states:
- when current leaves series to enter parallel branches, all the current that leaves must return to series
- the amount of current that enters each branch is inversely proportional to the resistance in that branch

You had to go there! I learned all of that at school a couple of years ago, but also did a bit of data dumping. The way the military crams so much information in so little time will spin heads. Either way, he got the job done so that's what counts.

BTW, my name doesn't have an "h" after the "o."

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »

Damn you and you're silly letters Z.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 10:46:20 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Damn you and you're silly letters Z.

You know you wish you could pull off the letters like I do T.

pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 10:53:02 PM »

when adding a wire from the battery to the fuse box, do i connect the wire to the white or black wire?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 11:19:08 PM »

Wait, what?  Why are you adding a wire from the battery to the fuse box?  I'm assuming that you mean the OEM engine fuse box, right?

Tim
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2011, 12:13:30 AM »

yes, that is correct, i have upgraded the wire from the alternator  to the battery, ground to battery, and battery to fuse box. I'm confused on where to mount the wire from the battery to the fuse box
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2011, 02:32:49 AM »

Ummm.  Why would you be upgrading the wire from the battery to the fuse box?  The OEM wiring is sufficient.  You're confused on where to connect it because there are no instructions, since it is unnecessary to do.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012