Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:57:42 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Install Hondata Intake Gasket  (Read 21116 times)
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 11:46:28 AM »

yeah i know that but they make two of them....one for both sides....do i get the one for the tsx?

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »

i think all k24 gaskets are the same. correct me if im wrong...

Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 02:44:33 PM »

i jsut ordered two of them

the gasket that sits in between the engine and Injector base  and the gasket from the Injector base  to the tsx manifold

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »

The gasket between the head and the injector base is the Hondata gasket, the one between the intake manifold and the injector base is the P2R Thermal gasket.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 03:16:53 PM »

^^^is that what your running now?

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »

Nope.  I'm running OEM gaskets because I couldn't justify the trouble or expense for minimal gains.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »

the p2r thermal gasket i think would be pretty simple to do. just unbolt the intake manifold and put the gasket in place. there is no need to scrap the old gasket out becuase they are made out of metal.
the hondata one is a pain because you have to completely take off the intake manifold and drain the radiator coolant to unbolt the injector base. when i installed the hondata gasket i was also installing the TSX IM, so to me it was just an extra 5 or 6 bolts to take off to get the injector base free, to place the new gasket in place. but you do have to bleed the radiator coolant. i tried not to and as soon as i unbolted the injector base, coolant started to spray out. so i had to tighten a bolt to hold injector inplace while i bleed the coolant out. then once it was completely drained i free'd up the injector base and no coolant came out. overall with the hondata gasket and TSX IM my car runs really effeciently. i would compare the gakset gains to having no one in the car, or running 94octane.

Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 07:06:06 PM »

i jsut got my P2R GASKETS going to try this install thursday or friday

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »

I should have stickied this a long time ago.  Anyway, it's a sticky now.  If anyone has any questions about this mod or install, please post them in here.

Tim
si2accord
Fucking Newb

I love the K series

Reputation Power: 1
si2accord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »

Has anyone dynoed with these gaskets? i recently installed the TSX IM with IMG to injector base. I have yet to install the IMG to the head due to bleeding of the coolant

Current: 05 Accord 4dr k24 VitTuned
Past: 07 Civic Si 4dr VitTuned 220whp
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 06:50:54 PM »

You probably won't notice much of a difference, even on the dyno.  Essentially, these will help reduce heat soak to the intake manifold over time when driving longer distances. 

Tim
accordmatt
Fucking Newb

Accord Lover

accordmatt pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 02:16:29 AM »

now I have read places that this gasket mod would somehow affect the performance due to the gap separation of the injectors and the spray. now I don't know if this is true but please chime in or pm me to verify this. it kinda makes sense it be a gap between injectors and engine is increased with gasket thickness but at same time im not positive have not yet to do this mod

96 Accord Ex H22 swap fully modded - under cont.
90 Crx B16a Hondata ecu fully modded 11 1/4 mile - sold
95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD modded 9 1/4 mile - Sold
00 Accord Ex I,H,E - totaled
06 Accord Exl - Currently modding
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »

It has been proven that moving the injectors further out will cause a decrease in HP.  There are two gaskets for our manifold.  The one that is between the runners and the injector base will not affect the injector position.  However, the gasket between the head and the injector base will move the injectors out further and affect HP.

Tim
accordmatt
Fucking Newb

Accord Lover

accordmatt pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 11:05:34 AM »

It has been proven that moving the injectors further out will cause a decrease in HP.  There are two gaskets for our manifold.  The one that is between the runners and the injector base will not affect the injector position.  However, the gasket between the head and the injector base will move the injectors out further and affect HP.

ok that's what I thought so yea ill just stick with my tb and mid section gaskets

96 Accord Ex H22 swap fully modded - under cont.
90 Crx B16a Hondata ecu fully modded 11 1/4 mile - sold
95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD modded 9 1/4 mile - Sold
00 Accord Ex I,H,E - totaled
06 Accord Exl - Currently modding
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012