Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:46:23 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 221 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Sports Bar  (Read 675976 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: February 26, 2013, 07:45:36 AM »

Anybody else think Brady is getting paid under the books?

I heard from a reliable source that Belicheat puts out to keep him happy.  

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:47:32 AM by ikethegreat » Logged
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: February 26, 2013, 08:22:22 AM »

I understand that he's taking a smaller salary to make room in the cap, but it's not just 2 or 3 million dollars. He's making over 8 million a year when he should be making closer to 20 million a year. Doesn't make sense to me. That's a lot of cash to just say 'hey you can keep it.'

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2852 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:49 AM »

I understand that he's taking a smaller salary to make room in the cap, but it's not just 2 or 3 million dollars. He's making over 8 million a year when he should be making closer to 20 million a year. Doesn't make sense to me. That's a lot of cash to just say 'hey you can keep it.'
Winning means more. I don't see how you can be negative toward a guy who does this for a team and an organization. Flacco should follow this example it would keep Baltimore relevant. He's done this his entire career winning is more important than a pay day its quite simple.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:49 AM »

I'm not being negative, I'm just saying, I think there's something more to this than us being said.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2854 on: February 26, 2013, 11:23:45 AM »

I'm not being negative, I'm just saying, I think there's something more to this than us being said.
No its just how the guy is. Doesn't care about money never had a publicist or marketing firm either. Turns down tons of endorsements. Just not wired like a greedy pro athlete.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: February 26, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »

Just not wired like a greedy pro athlete.

ROFL!  You realize they are the second wealthiest celeb couple in the US, behind Jay-z and Beyonce right?  Of course he can take a home town discount now that he is filthy stinking rich. 

This is Flacco's first real contract.  He was making peanuts on his rookie deal, being a late 3rd round pick.  This is probably his one and only chance to cash in on his talent.  I hope he gets as much as he can, he certainly deserves it after what he did not only this year, but the past five years. 

As everyone knows, a player's career can end at ANY time.  They would be crazy to play for less than they are worth when it could all be over at any second. 

My 
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: February 26, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »

"Last year, Forbes Magazine reported that they were the world's second-highest paid celebrity couple behind Beyoncé Knowles and Jay-Z. And while such things are never fully accurate, the Forbes estimate that Brady and Gisele together made $72 million suggests he is a very rich man indeed. "
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: February 26, 2013, 01:36:40 PM »

"this is to bring the Patriots salary-cap relief, giving the team's most essential player cap figures between $13 million and $15 million."

Sure it isn't 20 mil a year, but it is still pretty significant.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2858 on: February 26, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »

Just not wired like a greedy pro athlete.

ROFL!  You realize they are the second wealthiest celeb couple in the US, behind Jay-z and Beyonce right?  Of course he can take a home town discount now that he is filthy stinking rich.  

This is Flacco's first real contract.  He was making peanuts on his rookie deal, being a late 3rd round pick.  This is probably his one and only chance to cash in on his talent.  I hope he gets as much as he can, he certainly deserves it after what he did not only this year, but the past five years.  

As everyone knows, a player's career can end at ANY time.  They would be crazy to play for less than they are worth when it could all be over at any second.  

My  

Check history Brady has done this multiple times throughout his career. This is not a first. Long before the rich wife. Greedy players kill franchises.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2859 on: February 26, 2013, 01:54:11 PM »

"this is to bring the Patriots salary-cap relief, giving the team's most essential player cap figures between $13 million and $15 million."

Sure it isn't 20 mil a year, but it is still pretty significant.

Missed in Nelsons whining is that this also benefits Brady by increasing the guaranteed money. If he guts hurt he has a career ending injury now he's getting 27 million before that number was much lower.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: February 26, 2013, 01:57:57 PM »

I wasn't fucking whining!! I just think there's something more to this.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2861 on: February 26, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »

I wasn't fucking whining!! I just think there's something more to this.

No your envious because your salaries on the Giants are causing good players to get cut and no one is stepping up to offer up some of there cash to keep the team on the field.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: February 26, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »

Blah!! Why are you so protective? Any little comment and you're wigging out!!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2863 on: February 26, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »

It's not you I've heard this shit 60 times today. When athletes cash in people bitch that they are greedy. When they take a less money people bitch that they are cheating. Which do you want? Is rather see a guy take less and finish his career with one team. As much as I hate to say it Ray Lewis is a good example. At points in his career he could have headed to a better team or got more money but he didn't. It's rare and that's unfortunate.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: February 26, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »

Welcome to my world!  Cheesy
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 221 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012