Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:19:51 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 113547 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2009, 06:58:19 PM »

Quote from: "HEcreated487"
Rolo- Did the v6 coupe exhaust bolt right up to the existing exhaust manifold?  Did you notice any performance gains/losses?  What about the hanger placement i.e. bolt up to the stock locations?

To all-  Has anyone actually done this?  Pics of the install would be great!  I was also considering this setup, as long as the price was right, of course.

To the first one, no because he has the K24. It had to be modded. As far as the hangers, its possible one of them lined up after modding, but a new one had to be installed on the driver's side.

As for the second one, I was in the process of getting a hold of a Comptech exhaust for the TSX from a guy at work that hates the sound (he bought the car with it on). I ended up ditching the idea after his reluctance and wanting to get money out of me when I already offered to buy a stock exhaust to swap with him.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
najeezy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
najeezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2009, 12:08:36 AM »

so im thinking about getting a new exhaust with a bigger inlet. im running a 2" inlet with stock piping (YES I KNOW ITS A FAIL). im looking at some mufflers and finding some that i like, but the inlet is 2.5" im thinking about getting the piping redone from the cat, which would make the diameter of the pipe 2.25", and the exhaust inlet 2.5"

would there be any loss in TQ or HP if theres a size difference like that? or should i just stick with finding a 2.25" inlet. thankss
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2009, 06:18:51 AM »

You should be okay at 2.5" but, I wouldn't go bigger that.
najeezy
Fucking Newb

najeezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2009, 12:32:51 AM »

so i dont like the sound coming from my NRG muffler. im wondering what exhaust i can get to just get a quiet but deep tone at idle and lower rpms, and a somewhat deep roar and higher rpms. i dont think im gonna go with magnaflow, just cuz of the feedback ive heard from people in the past, and i dont want to spend like 300 on a muffler either.

im thinking about going duals (i have a i4). i was thinking about megan racing. if anyone has had good exp with them, please share. if you would, just give feedback on what exhaust you have and how much it was. thankss
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2009, 07:14:39 AM »

You get what you pay for at the end of the day. I would go with Greddy, Magnaflow, Borla, and stay away from the megan racings of the world.
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2009, 08:27:38 AM »

i know your new here and many people have made the mistake of making new threads on topics that have already been discussed...but you really need to search the thread more.

i have magnaflow mufflers on my car and it sounds real good.

here is a site to order muffler parts from....  http://www.performancepeddler.com my mufflers retail for like $150 and i got them for 100 each on that site. they allow you to give your best offer

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »

I've had my Borla's on my ride for almost a year already and I love the way they sound.

Borla's are only made for the coupes, but mine were a 98% direct fit onto my 06-07 sedan.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »

+1 on the borlas.  ive had mine since about a week after i got my car (5 years ago) and love em

J u s t i n
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

i have a magnaflow 14829 which many people here have. i like it , it was cheap ( around $100), then i had the muffler shop install 2.25 inch piping and a resonator.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
najeezy
Fucking Newb

najeezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2009, 01:40:41 AM »

okay, another quick question, so what if i upgrade to 2.25" piping, with a muffler with a 2" inlet. i know that would create some backpressure, but thats better than stock piping with a 2" inlet right?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »

You'd be better off keeping the 2.5" inlet muffler with 2.25" piping. Why create a bottleneck at theend of the exhaust? It'd be the same as your current setup. Also, if you don't run any resonators in your new setup, you're going to sound like every other ricebag on the road with a loud raspy fartcan exhaust.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
najeezy
Fucking Newb

najeezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »

k cool. the reason i asked about the 2" inlet was because the gay muffler i have right now has a 2" inlet. but yeah, thanks for the help guys. ill probably go with the first setup listed above
xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2009, 04:11:14 PM »

that is a yes and no depending on what muffler he went with, cause i have 2.5 piping with apexi ws2 (2.5 also) no resonators and it was quiet as can be,not raspy, but then it comes back to what you buy. quality or crap

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
You'd be better off keeping the 2.5" inlet muffler with 2.25" piping. Why create a bottleneck at theend of the exhaust? It'd be the same as your current setup. Also, if you don't run any resonators in your new setup, you're going to sound like every other ricebag on the road with a loud raspy fartcan exhaust.

LS2 GTO =)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2009, 04:15:22 PM »

True. It does depend on what you buy but I believe the WS2 is chambered. OP, what muffler are you planning on running?

xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »

yeah that is correct , it is chambered which is why its so quiet, i know someone local (miami) is selling a ws2 , or he could go greddy evo but there a little loud for my taste, i like the quietness of the ws2 since specially when cruising its like stock.

LS2 GTO =)
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012