Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:26:38 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 107260 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »

I've read that Bosch sensors are not good on newer Hondas.  I have never used a Bosch sensor because of that, so I have no experience.  I've always used the OEM Denso sensors.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »

I've read it too so I'm not refuting it at all. I was in a pinch when mine went. I was also just sharing my experience as more of a YMMV.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2013, 07:19:20 PM »

the Bosch is lying around my parts room (i dunno why i even purchased one in the first place), so it was a no-brainer...

I'd keep your advice in mind and purchase a Denso sooner or later. thanks!

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: February 08, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »

You can usually get Denso sensors at a decent price if you buy them with the Denso part number.  The a/f sensor I have for my car is for a RSX Type S and is usually around $200+ if you buy it from Honda.  When I bought it with the Denso part number from Amazon, it was $99.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: February 08, 2013, 06:50:21 AM »

You can usually get Denso sensors at a decent price if you buy them with the Denso part number.  The a/f sensor I have for my car is for a RSX Type S and is usually around $200+ if you buy it from Honda.  When I bought it with the Denso part number from Amazon, it was $99.
I hate that companies do this. Relabel a part and sell it for seven times more
757k24
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
757k24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2013, 09:11:05 PM »

Got my high-flow cat today. A bit confused about EPA regulation though, can I take this to a shop and have them replace it in even though my current OEM cat is still working? Really don't feel like dealing with the bolts after 116k. I live in VA and I'm pretty sure our emissions laws aren't as strict as CA.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:12:37 PM by 757k24 » Logged
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 02, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »

Since my current gas mileage its very bad, Some members have suggested i may have a clogged catalytic converter. I wanted to ask you guys for your opinion on what kind of replacement i should get. I plan on getting a TSX header and full 2.25 custom exhaust in the near future so what would be best for this? I live in Florida so emission tests is not a problem. I have an I4 Auto with an OBX muffler in stock piping right now. The options that come to mind are.

1. Replace it with OEM or similar "plug and play" cat.
2. Take the one i have and gut it completely (will i get a CEL?)
3. Replace it with a Test Pipe
4. High Flow Cat

I don't know much about exhausts systems and such so school me!
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #307 on: November 02, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »

I used an ebay test pipe on my 04 V6 with no issues.  It was $30 and pretty good quality.  But that was for the third cat... not sure how that would work on yours.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »

I dont see why it would be different. Except that i only have one Cat in my i4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a test pipe?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

Catalytic converters rob power.  Run a test pipe.  If you're seriously trying to make decent power with your exhaust, consider something a bit bigger than 2.25".  Most guys are running a 3" exhaust on their K's and make good power with them.

Tim
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 03, 2013, 01:44:53 AM »

Really? The reason i had 2.25in in mind was because if i remember correctly i read in some posts that running a 3" exhaust in the k24 or even 2.5" would cause a loss in power or torque or something in the lower end? something about back pressure or something like that?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: November 03, 2013, 01:55:19 AM »

Yeah, that's all bullshit.  K's want to breathe and it has been proven over and over again that they respond well to a 3" exhaust.  Of course, you'll also want to have the proper header and intake set up too.  That's where you'll end up spending quite a bit of cash if you really want to make some power.

Tim
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #312 on: November 03, 2013, 02:58:14 AM »

Well I have a short ram intake, tsx intake manifold, light weight under drive pulleys and that's where I plan to stay with the exhaust being the last piece of the puzzle. I'm not aiming for great power increase and I already have a muffler that I like the sound of, it has a 2.5 inlet so should I just run  a 2.5 custom exhaust and call it a day. Or is half an inch more really worth it?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: November 03, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »

In that case, run at least 2.5".  That will keep the noise down.  I have a 3" exhaust set up, and it's fairly quiet because I have more than one muffler.  Because it's 3", it flows a lot better.

Tim
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »

Will do. Thanks again man.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012