Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:33:44 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 114690 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22:14 AM »

Do you know what I'm running Fab? Also, where the hell have you been hiding?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »

Hahaha I've been out of the game for a bit. Your car is looking dope! I'll be sure to check out your profile

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »

Ur running the v6 exhaust. Any power gains?

HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »

Would anyone be able to confirm that the location of the each ('04-'08?) TSX mufflers/tips will align with the '03-'05 rear HFP coupe lip?

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »

The stock exhaust doesn't align...
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »

I think it does. The differences between the TSX exhaust and the Accord exhaust are a few inches but other wise the same.

Fab, I felt a bit of loss in the low end but I think I can attribute that to the TSX IM as well. It does flow better than our tiny stock exhaust and would actually be a 99% direct bolt on for you since you have a coupe. IIRC, you may have to swap the flange that bolts to your cat and add a hanger or two.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »

Thanks Mike and Z.  Definitely read that the length of the exhausts differ between the Accord and TSX.  Just hoping that that the location and distance between the mufflers/tips closely aligns.  Save some costs and time with any drastic modification.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

Agreed. I'm not too sure on the muffler spacing but I'm almost positive they are the same as the v6 Accord's spacing.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »

Ur running the v6 exhaust. Any power gains?
I also had the Accord V6 exhaust on my old car, and I too noticed a loss of low end torque, however it picked up a heck of a lot of power in the high end. Honestly, I probably wouldn't do it again, unless I knew for a fact that it would not hurt the low end performance. Z may think differently, but since I have an auto, my car pretty much always sits below 3k RPM. Since his is a manual, he can probably feel it a lot better since he has more control with the RPM's.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »

Truth.

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 07, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »

I can't risk losing anymore low end. That plus 4 people car drives like shit! I just got quoted $1000 for the accord Tanabe medallion touring and 1500 for the tsx medallion. Might just get the accord cat back. I'm not paying 50% more for an extra muffler and some piping and still have to modify it

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »

I'm just hoping that a catback will bring some low end torque back

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »

It won't. Taking it to stock would. As for the added weight of people, I just recently drove from Miami to CT with my kids in the back and a trunk loaded down with luggage. It wasn't as bad as you describe. Surprisingly, I got gas mileage in the mid 30's the whole way and I was doing 70-80.

Anyway, if you want your low end back, you have a few options. One, put your stock IM back on and throw the appropriate exhaust onto your car. Two, leave the TSX IM and your exhaust alone. Three, change your exhaust to something larger, slap on an M90 and tune it.

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »

What would u rate the Catback top, mid and lower end gains out of ten

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2012, 10:17:05 AM »

Couldn't say. My setup is "stock".

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012