Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:28:53 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Exhaust Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 114573 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »

Well, $300-350 seems a tad high, considering that the Tanabe exhaust should be bolt on for the v6 Accord, right?

When I got mine installed, the guy took out the premuffler, and used that space to add the extension. He then welded new hangers for the two mufflers in the back, welded a third flange onto the Y pipe where the i4 hanger is, cut off the third cat and welded that to the pipe right after the flange that hooks up to the i4's cat. It only cost me $100 plus the leftovers from the old exhaust.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »

My old exhaust was a Greddy Evo2 for the V6 coupe.  I did it a bit differently though.  I replaced everything from the head back.  I had a new header, replaced the cat with a high flow cat, and then had them modify the exhaust to fit.  They just welded everything up to the new cat.  It was kind of a hack job though.  I prefer my current exhaust set up now.  Much better.   

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »

Just like the other threads, I have taken the MULTIPLE threads that all have the same fucking topic and lumped them into one thread.  I have done this because there is no reason to have more than one thread for one topic.  Any more new threads that are created will be deleted and a temporary ban may be considered for not following the forum's rules.  Please post any questions, comments, or advice in this thread instead of creating a new thread from now on.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
linguinipenguini
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
linguinipenguini pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »

Has anyone tried the Megan Racing High Flow Cat?
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »

I've read this entire thread and am still unsure on what is required to properly install an OEM TSX exhaust.  Huh?

I have a 2005 i4 sedan.  From reading other forums and threads, slight modification to the TSX may be required.  Would anyone know the following:

1) Is the OEM TSX exhaust a direct bolt on, particularly the CAT flange, hanger brackets (dual outlet), location of dual exhaust tips at the rear bumper, overall length of the exhaust, etc.?
2) If not direct bolt on, what type of adjustments/modifications need to be done (e.g. extend or shorten the CAT-back exhaust system, add new hangar brackets, weld new flanges, cut out new opening at bumper for dual outlet, etc.)?

Thanks!

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »

mainly new hangers, but unless your getting someones old exhaust for free, i would recommend going to a muffler shop and getting a custom made cat back for $200.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2011, 02:40:13 PM »

^^ Wouldn't a custom exhaust be more than $200 total?  From what is gathered throughout this thread, the custom Magnaflow setup (single or even dual outlet) will be roughly $200 just for parts.  Labor would add another $100-$300??

Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

I have a magnaflow 14829 mufler that i bought on amazon for 100 then had the shop do the rest for 150. it was a great deal and performs better than the stock tsx exhaust.  imo dual exhaust on a 4cyl is for looks and has no performance gain.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »

^^ Thanks IceBox.  What other exhaust mods were included (header, highflow cat, increase piping size to 2.25" diam., etc.)?

As far as the OEM TSX exhaust goes, if I do get it for free, than I'll go that route.  To increaes flow and sound, maybe remove the "pre-muffler" downstream of the CAT & resonator.  Agreed that it's just for aesthetics.  Might do that and a header designed for the TSX as well  Wink
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:03:06 PM by HEcreated487 » Logged

Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »

im still running a stock cat, i did 2.25 piping and a resonator to keep the sound down. im also using a dc sport ceramic header. i dont believe there is any difference between the tsx and accord dc sports header.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2011, 11:54:47 PM »

Actually, there is a difference between the headers.  When DC first started selling the header, there was only one part number, which is the current Accord part number.  It turns out that the TSX guys were getting them and they were cracking because there was a slight difference in the length of where the exhaust flange was.  I think it's a slight difference, but it was enough to cause damage.

Tim
linguinipenguini
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
linguinipenguini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »

I'm lookin to redo my exhaust and upgrade to a DC sport header, but I want some opinions on whether or not I should remove the cat and go to a test pipe, what diameter pipe works best with the header, and if anyone is using a y pipe to get the dual exhaust look
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »

quick question.. what needs to be done to modify a coupe exhaust to fit on a 4 door?years 03-05
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »

Funny you mention that as I happen to have an 04 coupe exhaust on my 05 sedan. Extend the pipe on the exhaust and add hangers to the driver's side. Definitely take it to an exhaust shop to get it done as the OEM I4 exhaust has a funky ass hanger on the muffler whereas the AV6 coupe exhaust has more "traditional" style hangers. Also, make exhaust cutouts and don't be a bitch like Jeff and let it hang under the bumper until convinced to cut.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »

how much does the pipe need to be extended
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012