Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:22:26 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The K-Pro Thread  (Read 92145 times)
TheGrayCM
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
TheGrayCM pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2011, 03:30:40 AM »

Hey everyone
I havent been on here in awhile. I was wondering if anyone has or knows someone who has a base map or calibration for a turbo setup they can let me use, those of you with Kpro. I have an 05 Accord with K24A4, stock internals. Ill be putting these parts on my car sometime in February and am in need of a basic tune to get me to a DYNO shop. Most likely Bisimoto. Heres a list of the parts that ill be putting.

-Hondata Kpro 02 -04 RSX-S
-Cham custom Split Harness
-750cc RC Injectors
-HKS GT2835/GT3071 w/ T3 turbine
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-Rev Hard Manifold
-Rev Hard downpipe
-Tial 38mm wastgate
-Godspeed same side in/out FMIC
-Custom IC piping HKS BOV
-Vibrant 3" Exhaust with Ultraquiet resonator
-04 TSX intake Manifold
-Hondata boost solenoid

Please, any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »

I'd look in the available tunes in k manager first, but if you can't find anything there, you can always look around on forums like k20, the hondata forum, or even crsx.  You can get a hold of ryans7thgen since he just boosted his motor with stock internals.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jellynuts

Reputation Power: 2
Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »

My guess is that you want kpro for your TSX, and now that Hondata doesn't sell their harness any more, you want to see if an Accord harness will work.

...You're good man. 

Thankfully, a company from Toronto stepped up to offer something.  http://www.k-tuned.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=207

They haven't started mass producing yet, and if the TSX community doesn't bite, I'm afraid they may pull this off before I gather enough funds Sad 

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »

I've already talked to Mike at K-Tuned about this.  I was under the impression that it is already being sold.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »

Hi I have a CM5 with 5AT tranny. If I go KPro and upped the rev limit to say 7800rpm, will the tranny be able to shift at 7800rpm or will it continue to upshift at 6500rpm?

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:02 PM »

Ummm, your motor won't handle a 7800 rpm redline.  My K24A2 doesn't even rev that high.  Why on earth would you even want to rev that high on a stock K24A4?  The head doesn't flow well enough to make power that high.  You'll actually be losing power and destroying your motor.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2011, 12:16:10 AM »

coz' il be getting the skunk2 stage2 cams and improved valvetrain  Wink

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2011, 12:17:38 AM »

Okay, go ahead and do that then.  Let us know how it turns out.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2011, 12:45:12 AM »

my question now is will the slushbox attempt to shift at 6500rpm even at WOT? or will it allow a higher rev?

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »

Not sure.  Like I said.  Give it a try and see how it works out.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »

the kit costs $1820 in K-tuned.com, and it will be about $2000 landed in my place, so I can't really afford to just try it out. will prolly wait for people who did real installs and some feedback.

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »

Your best bet is to talk to neoryan.  He has an AT and is using KPro.  I still wouldn't redline your car that high.  Even with the upgraded valvetrain, you'll be running the risk of oil starvation with your Accord oil pump.  It would be a smart idea to swap your oil pump with a K20A2 oil pump so you can rev your motor higher.  At the same time, you'd probably want to have your head ported since the K24A4 head doesn't flow very well.

Tim
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2011, 08:47:12 PM »

Tim what is your closed loop threshold set at? Mine was at a default of 87kpa but sometimes it would stay in closed loop and sometimes it would be in open even though its the same throttle positions. My columns 7 and 8 can read 14.7 or 13.2 with the same load, I'm trying to make it have consistent fueling.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »

I have mine set to 87 kpa.  I was looking through a few base maps in K Manager and the map Hondata has for a CTSC on a TSX and the closed loop threshold is set to 80 kpa, but the Hondata map for a JRSC on a TSX is set to 87 kpa.  Weird.

Tim
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2011, 12:24:23 AM »

Yeah I might try to set it at 80 kpa because at that point its under high NA load and should be in open loop. This is the area that needs more fueling. My datalogs show open/closed in rapid oscillation and I don't want to run it leaner than it should. Have you checked out the new updates on Kmanager? I havent downloaded it since its only a beta version but the changes bring it up to Fpro standard.  

I think the ctsc one might be a little better because it is on doug's personal car and he probably has spent good time/effort in tuning it. I dont know who tuned the other Kal tho.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:27:33 AM by neoryan7 » Logged
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012