Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:14:14 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone replaced their door seals?  (Read 4515 times)
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »

My front left door seal has a 6-8 inch rip in it, and I have been thinking of replacing it for a while now.  Has anyone replaced theirs?  Is there a place I can find a part #? 

I keep searching for the seal on the inside of the door frame, and the closest I have came to finding the right part is the weatherstripping that goes on the door below the window (not what I want).

Should I just suck it up and pay the big bucks at the dealership 45 minutes away?  Will they even have one?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:06:28 PM »

I haven't had to replace mine, but it's fairly easy to find if you know where to search.  If you want OEM quality, definitely get it from Honda.  Different dealerships will have different prices.  I usually buy all my stuff from Autofair Honda because I know the guys in the parts department and they take care of me. 

When I'm looking for a part number, I usually search on Majestic Honda's website (www.hondaautomotiveparts.com) because they list the Honda part numbers.  I don't buy from them because their prices are higher and I have had some bad experiences buying from them in the past.  You have to do a little digging, but anyone that's not completely lazy and incompetent can figure it out.

Based on your screen name and avatar, I'm guessing you have an 06-07 sedan.  The part you're looking for is 72365-SDA-A02 and the price from Majestic is 59.22.  Hunt around and call some dealerships.  You'll find that the price varies from dealer to dealer.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:42:47 PM »

Thanks for the information.  I will definitely be going OEM.  In this instance it looks like Majestic has a fairly competitive price.  Figures that all the passenger door seals seem to go for half that price  Angry
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 10:53:31 PM »

It's understandable. I'm guessing they can raise the price on the driver's side because it gets more wear than the passenger's side.

Check the price on http://afhkparts.com , they may have good pricing. It also may be worth your time to call your local dealer and tell them the price Majestic has. They may price match.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 11:04:37 PM »

$61 at AFHK parts.    The cheapest I found quickly was $54.82 at HondaVilageParts.com if anyone references this in the future.

I'll probably order online, because I have had bad experiences with my local dealer, and I am very stubborn.  My passenger doors only get opened when I vacuum my back seat.  Those seals should never need replacing!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 11:15:47 PM »

It's also a good idea to condition the rubber. There's stuff called Gummi Pflege from Einszett that you can use to condition your rubber seals so they last longer.

Tim
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 08:13:41 AM »

Honda Shin-Etsu Grease works really well on the weatherstripping.  I apply a coat once a year on all the door seals and it keeps them in really good shape.  It is good for lubing up the rails for your sunroof too if you have one. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012