Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:24:14 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will EuroR CL7 K20A 6 spd manual tranny fit CM chassis  (Read 3609 times)
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
bian.yy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2015, 09:35:05 PM »

Hi All

I'm asking this as I can find only JDM parts in China, the ideal target should be a TSX 6 spd tranny but that's not possible in China, so I'm considering the CL7 LSD tranny compatibility here, I searched forum and remembered someone side the subframe of CL7 is a different with CM.

Could anyone answer this, I don't have resource/ability to modify mounting joints for tranny on subframe, I can do bolt on swap only.

BTW, if yes, I got the gear ratio in K20A.ORG as:

I'm not sure if this is correct, the writer said part no. of this tranny is RBC3, but what I saw label on tranny pictures from ebay show "ASP3". I tender to believe ASP3 is the correct name.
Under this gear ratio data, for 100km/h cruise I'll get 2900 RPM, this is too high for long time travel. so here I have 2 additional questions:

1 how to correct the gauge meter with the tranny, my car is 5AT with DCLA tranny, I know I need to sway ECU or do some rewiring between manual tranny to AT ECU.

2 Can I increase wheel diameters for about 10% to compensate this difference?

Cheers!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »

For your question about the CL7 transmission fitting, it should. It should use the same mounts as the CL9 and CM chassis. As far as the speedometer being off, with the AT to MT swap I don't know as much. Hopefully someone can help you with that.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
bian.yy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »

For your question about the CL7 transmission fitting, it should. It should use the same mounts as the CL9 and CM chassis. As far as the speedometer being off, with the AT to MT swap I don't know as much. Hopefully someone can help you with that.
Thank you Tim, Do you know what is the difficult for fitting a JDM RHD manual transmission to a LHD chassis, is it the hoses?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 09:03:09 AM »

It really shouldn't be difficult at all. The only difference would be the clutch line.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012