Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:28:46 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs to test and tune amp and EQ.  (Read 10898 times)
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »

What songs do you like to test the overall sound quality of your system, looking for a idea of a song to tune my amp. A song that would make clipping easy to spot.

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 01:21:55 PM »

These are useful when tuning your amp and setting crossover frequencies.

http://www.ronelmm.com/tones/

As for a song, pick one in the genre you typically listen to that has good highs and lows.  Make sure the file quality is good though.

I like a lot of rock and heavy metal.  I picked Bile - In league and Bile - Clones. 

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:27:59 PM by ikethegreat » Logged
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 02:00:10 PM »

Damn that's not my style for sure XD
I might try different ranges of tones and confirm with a song after

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:57:08 PM »

For what you're doing, you are better off using music that you know very well that has a good range.

I listen to a variety of genres, so I play songs from most of them and adjust. There's a proper way to tune an audio system, but it requires some expensive equipment that not many people have.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »

I know using a digital multimeter (will refer as ddm) for a sub amp works fine (voltage reading with ohms law) , because it is tested at 50-60hz like the ddm is meant to be used with normal electrical house current. but for speakers, that are tested at like what, 100-1000hz for a midrange, the ddm is no longer precise. And then a oscilloscope needs to be used, and look for a flat spot on the wave sin curve. Sadly I don't have one yet, wanted to have one for a while now, useful as an engineering tool.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »

An oscilloscope is a great tool to have. What is even more useful for tuning an audio system is a real time spectrum analyzer. Of course, you would also need a parametric eq to fine tune everything to make sure everything is flat and even.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 10:58:40 AM »

When you need that type of equipment, you no longer have the average audio setup  Cheesy
I'll use my ears for now  Wink It's for them we do this after all don't we.

Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 11:29:16 AM »

To return to main subject, I tend to like to use 80's and 90's song to do this, they got a lot a clean bass, various sounds range (using synthesizers) and some nice vocals too. it makes it quite easy to spot when something is not right.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012