Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:57:15 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Window not going up or down: How to Replace Window Regulator and Motor  (Read 2108 times)
2i2dk1ny2i3
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
2i2dk1ny2i3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:49:07 AM »

this was the Driver's Rear door on a 2003 Sedan

Attempt / Install at your own risk!, not liable for any injuries, damages incurred by attempting this, i only put this because theres glass involved and a level of skill

How to: REMOVE and INSTALL OEM Window Regulator and Motor. before i start, on a scale from 1-10, i would give this a 9. partly due to it being single digit weather outside when i did this and the fact that there is a glass Window involved. its doable but like i said, 1-10, i'd give it a 9 for difficulty and may be best as a 2 person job if possible

this was early morning w/single digits so all i had was my flashlight and camera phone, please PM or post if you have questions about anything

1. Remove the Plastic Cover behind door handle w/flathead on left middle. you will see a very tiny slot to pop out the cover to reveal two screws:

2. theres a rubber cover where you open/close door and under that is another screw:

3. next step, if you've never removed any Interior Panels may freak you out but the popping sounds are normal. theres about 7-8 White Plastic Push type Pins that hold the door. if you gently yank starting from bottom left corner pulling out gently, you will hear them pop one at a time. (sorry but no pics of backside of Door, was freezing, will try update later)

behind the Door is a light blue connector for the Window Switch, remove

4. next, door handle, remove metal rod from plastic black connector (circled red) push gently and the rod will come off

5. remove Metal Clip held on by 2 screws BEFORE removing Platics

6. Two layers of White/Yellow plastic covers. underside layer is stuck on usually in newer cars, mine being 10+ years, peeled easily. Top left Black Tab, i used flathead to remove

7. Pic of Window Regulator and Motor being held right side, 3 10mm Bolts

8. THIS is where you gotta be extra Careful. the 2 10mm Bolts (top) and 1 10mm bolt (bottom). Behind this will be the 2 10mm bolts holding the Glass in place so gotta be careful because i'd imagine on a hot summer day, glass may fall straight down so extra precaution

9. right side 10mm bolt holding Glass in place. this bolt is a PITA but manageable depending on where your motor stopped, usually in Window fully closed mode so after removing fore mentioned 3 10mm bolts, bring glass window down a bit and this side can be reached

10. one of the hardest parts of removal is the left side 10mm bolt holding glass in place. i managed to remove it by using the hole for the 1st 3 10mm bolts. probably easier w/a different tool if anyone whos done it can enlighten about this bolt, would appreciate it

pic of Hole used to remove left side Bolt holding window in place (circled red)

11. theres one big grey connector, bottom right side where motor (black) is, after that, i'd slip out old window regulator and motor bottom right side hole. best and easiest place to reinstall new one as well.

unfortunately for me, after going through all this, checking fuse, etc. isn't my fix for my vehicle. going to check the pins on the fore mentioned Grey Connector and make sure theres power getting to it. If you examine it closely, only 2 of the 6 holes are used

hope this helps and will update if/when its fixed

thanks for looking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012