Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:56:33 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding a 2nd Battery  (Read 9728 times)
2i2dk1ny2i3
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
2i2dk1ny2i3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2015, 05:16:42 AM »

anyone ever done it usually because of a Large Hi power Speaker System?

got most of the recommended, Capacitor for my current lonely 10" inch Sub (had 2 12's in the trunk but removed a while ago) still got another 12" in a ported box but the 10" inside the Cabin behind the Driver's seat provides enough Bass plus added free back massage

What to do to give your car's electrical system a power-up
Upgrading a car's electrical system: do you need the big 3?

upgraded Wiring and made an Engine Ground Kit long time ago but don't see myself needing to upgrade Alternator since 1 10 inch Sub and Amp doesn't require it

basically adding the 2nd Battery to the Trunk for any additional Electrical Mods

picked up Battery and will update with pics
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 07:42:18 AM »

A lot of people have relocated their battery to the trunk, but not many have added batteries. It's easy enough to do with a battery isolator though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:32:10 AM »

What kind of extra electrical mods are you planning that you will need a second battery?
2i2dk1ny2i3
Fucking Newb

2i2dk1ny2i3 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:35:11 AM »

A lot of people have relocated their battery to the trunk, but not many have added batteries. It's easy enough to do with a battery isolator though.

i like the look of mounting it where the Spare Tire was, doesn't take up any trunk space and puts some weight in the back for those of us who live in a true 4 Season State

What kind of extra electrical mods are you planning that you will need a second battery?

idk yet but one thing i wanna do is use the lower Center Bezel cigarette lighter somehow into the Rear center fold down Armrest

i've had this removed for a while now and would like my Rear passengers to have a USB connected charger and not over burden the Main Armrest secondary Charger

i.e. if there's 3 People in the Car, i'd like all 3 people to be able to charge their Phones. 3 including me since no one can sit behind me 2/the 10inch Sub and rarely have a Passenger back there
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:39:00 AM by 2i2dk1ny2i3 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:53 PM »

That's simple enough to do and would not require adding a second battery. Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth just to have a second battery in the trunk and a 3rd charging port for a back seat passenger.

They do have 12v/cigarette lighter chargers that have 2 USB outlets on them. I use one in my car.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
bhall109
Fucking Newb

bhall109 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 08:59:35 PM »

Really only need an isolator if you plan to play your system with the car off.
I have a second and working on a 3rd
2i2dk1ny2i3
Fucking Newb

2i2dk1ny2i3 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 06:51:40 AM »

That's simple enough to do and would not require adding a second battery. Seems like it's more trouble than it's worth just to have a second battery in the trunk and a 3rd charging port for a back seat passenger.

They do have 12v/cigarette lighter chargers that have 2 USB outlets on them. I use one in my car.

i intend to install more things then just USB Outlet Smiley

mainly for peace of mind of not having to add another Electrical Mod on the Engine Battery

Really only need an isolator if you plan to play your system with the car off.
I have a second and working on a 3rd

pics?

Battery Box arrived!, went w/Marine Attwood Battery Box: (sry about camera pics but its been single digits here so quickest way to take pics)

Battery, Battery Terminals, Battery Box...right side of trunk:

with Strap on and secure. i covered the 2 holes w/electrical tape since sometimes when i open my trunk, specks of rain or snow get in. will most likely relocate to farther up in trunk area later:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:03:03 AM by 2i2dk1ny2i3 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 10:06:54 AM »

Good call on getting a battery box. As suggested before, a battery isolator is the best option when adding a second battery.

Tim
2i2dk1ny2i3
Fucking Newb

2i2dk1ny2i3 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 06:18:09 AM »

yeah, for sure need a Box for it, theres even about 1/4 of the Box left for additional storage

will look into the isolator thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012