Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:00:30 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Wobbles At 20mph  (Read 7232 times)
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

Reputation Power: 1
theycallme_og pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »

Hi Guys, need some insight on my current issue recently I have been noticing car is wobbling when accelerating and  I hit  20 mph then fades away right after when going faster.

I did some research, and people are saying its my CV axles.  I just would like a confirmation before i got out buy anything.

Things about my car,  I recently got new Pirelli P7 tires.  So Tires should not be the issue.

My brake rotors are due to be replaced, every time I brake car shakes.  Could this be the issue for the wobble when accelerating.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:37:40 PM »

My CV axle shook at 60 when it went. I would have your wheel balance checked considering your recent tire addition.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:33:13 AM »

I had issues with my axles and my car would shake at 25 mph increments accelerating and braking.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:21:13 PM »

Tim, was that with the OEM axles or the insane shaft axles?
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:35:42 PM »

I am going to Americas Tire to have them look at the tires being balanced, but I am just pulling the trigger and I will replace them this weekend if the tires are verified ok.

I will also replace  my front rotors and pads and also my upper ball joints.

A nice way to spend around $400 bucks

Quick question,  I am buying the axles from Oreillys - Should I buy new ones for 160 the set or remanufactured for 120 the set.   Both come with lifetime warranty's
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:40:00 PM by theycallme_og » Logged
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »

Buy new. OEM is preferred but new > reman.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 10:16:06 AM »

I agree with Mike. OEM is preferred. I have had issues with aftermarket axles from parts stores.

Tim, was that with the OEM axles or the insane shaft axles?

OEM axles. This was about 5 or 6 years ago. I just put the insane shafts in for the first time last week. The fix back then was replacing the axles with new OEM ones. I also discovered I had a bad wheel bearing on the passenger side and I ended up replacing all the bushings and bearings in the front end the last time I had the car apart.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 01:04:23 PM »

bought new aftermarket axles for mine and they were wobbling even brand new, yes they have lifetime warranty, but you still have to replace them and I am to lazy to do so, knowing that the other ones will probably do the same.

theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 01:30:48 PM »

I would love to get OEM axles, but they are to darn expensive... I am looking at 600 bucks compared to 160, and i believe Honda axles don't come with warranty.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »

Get the Insane Shafts axles from AFH. They're $375 a set. Call Ryan or Colin and let them know that Tim sent you.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 08:31:15 AM »

^^ that is what I did.  Mine are still sitting in the box though.  Came out to $419 shipped.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 08:54:52 AM »

And you got them from AFH? I remember mine being less for some reason.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »

I had to order them directly through the owner of insane shafts because for some reason they don't list axles for AT on their site.  Maybe that is why they were more expensive.  I'm not sure what AFH is, I'm assuming they are a vendor?  
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »

AFH=Autofair Honda

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »

AFH = awesomeness Cheesy I need an OEM front axle too. Just waiting on the $. Mine vibrates at 60mph not 20.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012