Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:50:37 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyrdo lock motor build  (Read 4152 times)
lilb52x
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
lilb52x pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

Hello everyone i recently learned that my k24a4 in my accord has a blown head gasket due to tensioner bolts
broke and water pump not running causing motor to over heat.

Last week my wife's Tsx hydrolocked and she said it was a loud boom then shut off, I assumed it snapped a rod
the way she described it then i bought another k24a2 motor.

I got it towed to my work and pulled out the motor and found just a bent rod, the cylinder walls are ok and everything looks fine.

Now i'm thinking of building this motor and putting it in my accord, I want to put new rods of course, pistons
and cams and tuning of course. I will be using it as a daily driver i have been seeing some build ideas from k20.org and tsx club but i always found better info on here just want to see what you guys think thanks in advance!!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 06:28:03 PM »

Sounds like a great idea. You can build a great motor with OEM parts. Have the block checked by a machine shop to be sure the cylinder walls aren't damaged, then get a fresh hone and go to town. Let me know of there anything I can do to help.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »

You can use Ktuner to run the tsx engine in your accord and it's quite cheap. If the engine is still good, could be a nice build !

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »

K Tuner is a great option, considering that nobody really makes KPro harnesses and the set up I have is one off.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
lilb52x
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
lilb52x pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »

Yes I am getting ready to send it to a machine shop, and I already have ktuner just was looking for good opinions to build a nice daily with better rods pistons and possible some dic cams nothing too crazy just a fun daily.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »

Have the machine shop check it first. New TSX rods and maybe 09 TSX or Si pistons would be good for an OEM bottom end.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012