Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:51:06 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TCS light stays on after braking  (Read 4466 times)
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »

I thought this was covered before but after searching I didn't find anything directly related to it. Here's what started happening, I backed into my driveway and noticed that non of my brake lights were on. I then noticed that the TCS light had came on.  While still holding the brake for about 10 seconds the brake lights finally came on. I turned the car off then back on to reset the TCS light.  I tested it again and  same thing happened.  I did a couple quick search and found that the brake light switch is the most likely culprit. A $7 replacement and a few minutes to fix.

Note: if the brake lights work fine with the TCS on, this may not be as easy of a fix and could most likely be the ABS control module (about $1k). I would try replacing the switch first though.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:00:02 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »

I've had to replace the switch. Its easy give that a try. I believe with the switch unplugged your lights should be on. That might be an easy test.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »

When you replace the brake light switch, sometimes you need it to be reprogrammed to get that TCS to stay off. I had the same issue, and Honda charged me $50 to reprogram it. Those Rat Bastards.
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »

I've had to replace the switch. Its easy give that a try. I believe with the switch unplugged your lights should be on. That might be an easy test.
ah, that's what I did Mike lol, read my post again. Good point about testing the switch tho.
When you replace the brake light switch, sometimes you need it to be reprogrammed to get that TCS to stay off. I had the same issue, and Honda charged me $50 to reprogram it. Those Rat Bastards.
Glad i didn't need to have that done. About how long ago was that? The guy in the parts department did mention that the one I got replaced a previous version. He had to double check to make sure it'll work with the 6spd. The old one was black and white and the new is blue and black.

Rich
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »

My new one was blue and black a year or so ago
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 12:31:10 PM »

This was like back in 2006. Lol.
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 10:06:52 PM »

Lol yeah things might have changed since then. Maybe only the old switches needed to be reprogrammed? Idk.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012