Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:19:10 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Inspire cutoff  (Read 7106 times)
LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »

Im sorry if this is in the wrong forum, if it is then please move accordingly.

I installed my gunmetal inspire headlights not too long ago, but since im home very rarely these days i haven't had a chance to drive extensively at night. But on my spring break i drove alot and ai have been high beamed by a few people on the road while others are ok with it and i even had my friend sit in his car in the opposite lane and he said its a little blinding, but not nearly enough for him to high beam me.

Heres the cutoff against a wall at about 50 or so feet.

There are 4 bolts in the back of the headlamp housing.

So heres my question to any members with the inspire lamps. Are any of the bolts meant to change the cutoff? or make it more straight?

I have aimed the lights down a bit and there's still plenty of light on the road for me to see VERY well, i just want some info from other members as to what they did to modify the light output.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »

Good question, but here's the problem.  The Inspire headlights are for RHD cars, so the cutoff flare is going to be the opposite of our LHD cars.  While normal LHD OEM HID headlights have the flare stepping down on the left side to reduce glare for oncoming traffic, your headlights to the exact opposite and have the flare stepping up on the left side, increasing glare for oncoming traffic.  There is only one person that I know that has actually modified the internals of his Inspire housings.  He hasn't joined here, and wasn't too active on g7a, but he did post on v6p in the past under the sn arom.  I talked to him about it when I met him a few years ago, and basically what he did was modify the flare in the housing so that the cutoff was flat instead of being stepped.  Then he aimed it appropriately.  Make sure that when you aim your headlights, you aim them against a wall and use the stepped flare to aim them.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LiquidX

LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 11:52:19 PM »

Im just puzzled as to why there are 4 bolts in the back of the inspires instead of 1 or 2 on the USDM ones (i dont remember exactly). Ill try to contact Thien on this matter.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »

I'm not 100% sure.  I do know that each reflector is separate.  I'll take a look at mine and see what I can find out for you.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 12:25:48 PM »

Tim you have inspire headlamps now?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »

I've had them for a while, they're just not installed.  I'm going to try and retrofit them this summer when I have some free time.

Tim
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 02:58:14 PM »

wanna sell me your current retros? :P

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »

They will be available when I am ready to sell them.  As of now, I'm not making any plans to sell them.  When I get to that point, we will see.  I would rather keep this thread on topic, so please refrain from posting if you have nothing to add to the conversation.

Tim
LiquidX

LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 05:44:53 PM »

I never thought about that, even with the fact that each reflector has a bolt, i doubt the turn signal and the city lights are adjustable. They arent meant to produce any crucial lighting. Anywho, which inspires do you have?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »

I have the 03-05.

Tim
LiquidX

LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »

Im sure you will make them look super on your baby. Since your a wiring guru, you shouldnt have a problem with the turn signals etc...

Im interested in making the cutoff line flat on the inspires, but they are pretty expensive for me to mess up on. Ill try to find the guy on v6p who did it.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »

I'm going to be pulling my Inspires apart this summer to blackhouse them and modify the cutoff shield.  I'll be taking pictures when I do this, so I'll keep you posted.

Tim
kaabob
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
kaabob pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 05:43:05 AM »

tim let me know when you do. I've been highbeamed once already and a flat cutoff would be great.

clickey
LiquidX

LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 06:01:32 AM »

Wow that beam pattern is horrendous... Mine is pretty much flat after some modding (i have 07 model) and i havent gotten flashed once. I dont like the inspires with the turn signal constantly lit up, ruins the cleanness imo.

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 09:47:53 PM »

This thread may help:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/sho ... ire+cutoff

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print