Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:22:27 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 05 Throttle body spacer disaster k24  (Read 4316 times)
si2accord
Fucking Newb

I love the K series

Reputation Power: 1
si2accord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »

So ordered my P2R tbs and went to install yesterday. Everything was going fine until i noticed the slack of the cable throttle. Once put all back together with the TBS my gas pedal was very loose and idle was out of control.

My question, Has anyone tried this on their 03-05 k24 MT or AT and had success?
If not i will be sending this back to the manufactuerer

Also i dont want to hear that this mod doesnt do anything performance wise, I had one on my 07 Si and i noticed a difference. I just wanted to make this work since i am a car enthusiast and love to mod.

Positive feedback appreciated.

Current: 05 Accord 4dr k24 VitTuned
Past: 07 Civic Si 4dr VitTuned 220whp
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:58:17 AM »

The loose pedal could be the throttle cable needing to be adjusted.  The spacer moving the TB to a new position can cause this because the tb cable bracket is mounted to the manifold, not the tb. 

The erratic idle could be a sign that there is a vacuum leak.  If you spray carb cleaner around the mating surface of the tb, spacer, and im flange, you will be able to find the vacuum leak.

If you'd like some positive feedback about your TB spacer, I can tell you one thing.  If your TB spacer is not port matched to your IM and your TB, you will lose power.  If the spacer is smaller than the opening of the TB, it will create turbulence in the air flow at the spacer.  If the spacer is larger than the opening of the IM flange, it will create turbulence in the air flow at the IM flange.  In both scenarios power will be lost.  As long as the spacer is port matched and there are no edges between the TB, spacer and IM flange, it will not disturb the air flow and there won't be any loss of power.

Keep in mind, that there are some people that have more experience and knowledge than you.  It's off putting when you create a thread asking for help, and then end it with "I don't want to hear...".  Treat everyone in here with the same respect you would like to be treated with.  This isn't like other forums where everyone gangs up on each other.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
si2accord
Fucking Newb

I love the K series

Reputation Power: 1
si2accord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »

Will do. Thank you for your reply,input and modding of the thread

Current: 05 Accord 4dr k24 VitTuned
Past: 07 Civic Si 4dr VitTuned 220whp
Pages: [1]   Go Up