Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:21:19 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: A/C Bypass  (Read 3572 times)
spiceisler
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
spiceisler pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »

So I searched on all the forums I know and I even tried “Google” but to every end I could not find any info on AC delete or bypass. I saw questions asked about it but no one answered the question. If you want to temporary delete/bypass your AC, what do you do?

Recently my AC compressor took a dump and seized up. I was in a bind cause I needed to drive the car right away and I didn’t want to pay $375-400 to buy a compressor locally, plus the cost of added fees for installation and recharging. What if you’re on a road trip and this happens?

Here is a quick fix:

I took the original belt off and routed it around the pulleys with the exception of the A/C pulley, and terminated it at the top of the power steering pump. What I ended up with was the excess in a big loop. Using a Sharpie I made a line across on both sides of the belt where they met on top of the P/S pulley. I stretched the belt out and measured from line to line. The distance was 14 ½”. I now needed a belt that was 14 ½” shorter than the original. I went to Auto Zone and found the part number of the original belt which was Duralast 700K7. I figuired out that the “700” in the part number refers to the length (if cut, from end to end) of the belt which is 70.0” and the “K7” refers to the number of grooves. If you squeeze the belt at 2 ends to make it flat and measure then of course you will get 35”. I then looked for a belt with the part # 555K7 which will be 55 ½”, 7-groove. I found Duralast part # 555K6. It measured 27 3/4" x 2 and was 1 groove less but that was not a problem. It worked great!

This was the original routing:

This is the new routing:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:36:25 PM by spiceisler » Logged
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »

Moved this in here since I think this is the more appropriate spot for this. By the diagram you drew it looks like it's for the j's.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012