Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:13:16 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noisy suspension  (Read 4775 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:40:20 PM »

i was just wondering if there anything i should be checking. my car is a 05 and its noisy as hell when going over bumps. its gotten to the point that every little bump makes a sound now. suspension feels good. if im driving on new pavement, it rides really smooth. but i drive over cracks in the road. it gets very noisy. i ve heard that sometimes the stabalizer links make a lot of noise....  i don kno... can anyone shed some light on the subject

stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »

Is it a squeaking noise or a slapping noise?

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »

its not a squeaking sound just more of a slapping sound

stirfriedferret

stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 01:46:40 PM »

I have the same problem and I took a look at my suspension while it was on the lift at school, and I found that my spring insulators at the bottom perch were worn all the way through. I'd suggest you take a look because if they are, that's most likely the case.  It is metal to metal contact which makes the slapping noise on sharp bumps on the road.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 03:59:39 PM »

It may help us if you told us what you're running for your suspension.  It's hard to keep track of what everyone is running.  I know that there was an issue with the exhaust hangar hitting the TL and TL-S rear sway bar for some guys.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »

Another thing that could be a problem is the sway bar end links. I noticed the same noise Fab is describing after I installed my springs last weekend. Turns out I loosened one of my rear end links and thought I had tightened it back up. If you want to find out if its your end links, just grab onto them and try to shake them. If you feel a give, that could be your problem.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 12:27:36 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Another thing that could be a problem is the sway bar end links. I noticed the same noise Fab is describing after I installed my springs last weekend. Turns out I loosened one of my rear end links and thought I had tightened it back up. If you want to find out if its your end links, just grab onto them and try to shake them. If you feel a give, that could be your problem.

I had my friend check my stabilizer links. and they re still pretty good... I will check the sway bar links when i get the chance. thanx Z

Quote from: "timot_one"
It may help us if you told us what you're running for your suspension.  It's hard to keep track of what everyone is running.  I know that there was an issue with the exhaust hangar hitting the TL and TL-S rear sway bar for some guys.

my suspension is stock. i only have comptech accord/TL lowring springs 1.5F 1.7R. and the V6 strut bar. I ve had the springs since last jul. and just got the STB 2 weeks ago....

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 12:20:49 PM »

So, your suspension is not stock if you have lowering springs.  When did you notice the noise?  Where is the noise coming from?  How long have you had these springs on your OEM shocks?  How many miles are on your car total?  You may have reduced the life of your shocks by lowering your car.  They may be blown and need replacement.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »

well i noticed probably two years ago that my suspension wasnt as quite when passing over bumps. my rear passenger side is the noisiest one. i ve had these springs in since last july (roughly 65 - 70 kms), my car now has 86 oookms

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 08:22:45 PM »

If you had the problem before the springs, did you get it checked out by a certified technician?

Tim
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »

I noticed with my sprint springs being upside down my rear shocks were making a popping noise when i would hit bumps or go up or down hill. When i fixed my rears the noise has gone away. Did you install the lowering springs yourself or have someone do it?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 11:47:05 PM »

i had my mechanic do it. wouldnt the words comptech on the springs be upside down? if they were installed wrong

stirfriedferret

stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »

Not necessarily.  Just do a quick check yourself.  Make sure the more tightly packed part of the springs are at the top.

Jellynuts

Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »

Pure speculation, could the springs simply be unsleeved, and therefore noisy by nature?

+1 on getting it checked out by someone certified if you want a solid answer.

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012