Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:54:00 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECU fuse blowing  (Read 4649 times)
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

Ok guys, made some more progress... Ok, so I checked every fuse, and the ecu fuse under the hood was blown, changed the fuse, fuse blows when ecu is in and key turned to II, not to turn on. when ecu isn't in, fuse is good, opened up the ecu to check to see if blown looks good. It only blows when the last wire harness is connected the one that powers motor wise. Now I know the guy at the shop had doubled the ground wires for the injectors, but could that be whats causing fuse to blow? and if its a matter of checking the grounds, does anyone know where those grounds are so I can double check them?

Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »

I've followed as much of the wiring as I could, and this seems to be the only thing out of place at the moment. Is this normal or could this be something the shop did..... that is a fat black and purple stripped wire converts to the red/blue which is the knock sensor and its bridged to what I think is "ground circuit" (brown/yellow)

Used Chemik's diagrams on how to kpro
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2800166

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:24:55 PM by Armyguy239 » Logged
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »

damn no one? well from what it seems that wire is supposed to be there, I took off the black tube that covers the wires and it runs all the way out into the engine where its been untouched besides that bridge, so i'm starting to guess its oem. I'm more inclined to think its the extra ground wires on the injectors the shop wired up... all he did was add another cable on each injector on the pre existing ground and connect them right before where the oem injector grounds out on the Intake manifold...

Edit...

took them all off, no more fuse blow... but still no full turn on
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 11:59:12 PM by Armyguy239 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012