Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:19 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my accord took a crap on me last night  (Read 6000 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:45 AM »

I was accelerating hard through a gravel parking lot, then a complete loss of power and the car cut off.  It tried to start back up but immediately died.  Then some clear fluid starting leaking under the car from below the passengers seat.  It didn't have a smell too it so I am lost for ideas and what the problem may be.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »

I've heard of some pretty disgusting things but an Accord taking a crap on someone is new to me.  laugh

That being said, the only clear fluid with now smell that would come from the passenger set/ floorboard area that I know of is a/c condensation. I'm wondering if your car went into some sort of a limp mode. I'm also wondering if a reset of the ecu would remedy the problem at all.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »

My AC stalled my car before. The fan froze and the engine just shut off. I was able to get it back on though.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »

so i am feeling kind of stupid. how do i reset the ecu? just disconnect the battery and ecu fuse?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:26:51 AM »

so i am feeling kind of stupid. how do i reset the ecu? just disconnect the battery and ecu fuse?

Just the battery should be fine. You have to leave it disconnected at least 30 minutes to wipe whatever memory that isn't hard coded into it, ie. codes, faults, etc.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 03:47:38 PM »

I got a low idle code before from my a/c and car has gone into limp mode then stall pulling the battery off has fix the issue and over time a tune up solved it

Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »

So I went to tow the car back with a uhaul trailer.  I took my laptop to check for any codes and to erase the ecu.  I reloaded the tune crossed my fingers and to my surprise it started right up.  seems my ecu didnt like the bumpy gravel parking lot.  drove it back and drove just fine on the half hour trip back.  Ill give it a good looking over once I get it into the garage but she seems to be fine now.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »

Glad to hear it runs. Sometimes that stuff can be a bit scary with a built motor.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

yea, thats why i decide to take my laptop with me when i went to pick it up.  thanks to everyone on their input.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012