Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:01:36 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: AT Aluminum Foot Pedals Install.  (Read 4425 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-Aluminium-Sport-Foot-Pedals-Rest-Plate-FOR-HONDA-Accord-2003-2012-Automatic-/130706548576?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AAccord&hash=item1e6eb7a760&vxp=mtr

This is my first DIY so bare with me! The link for the pedals is above if you're looking to buy them. I'm pretty happy with the quality, there are also OEM Aluminum pedals for the MT but they say Honda in the center in red. I'm assuming they are installed the same way. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing but I tried it anyway with some advice Wink

Here's the three pedals:

Inside the box are 4 large screws:

and 8 smaller screws, that use the provided allen wrench, also known as a Hex Key:

There are also 8 washers and 8 nuts:

You will need:

A power drill:

And a small universal took kit helped me a lot:

I used a 1/8 drill bit, about 3.18 long. I think that's right. Smiley

The Foot Rest:

The foot rest sort of fell right off when I pulled it. Not sure if everyone's foot rest is this "delicate" or if it was just mine.

Here's the back of it:

All I did, was line up the OEM pedal, with the aluminum pedal, like so. Then I used the drill to make holes through each of the four holes. The rubber is really thick so don't be afraid.

I drilled the hole and then put in the screw, but not all the way. I'll go back to this later.
The pedal with all the screws:

After all the screws are in, I lined the pedal up back where it belongs, and used the drill to screw the screws in (change to philips head)

TADA.

The Brake Pedal:

The brake pedal comes off, thank the lord, I just peeled the rubber off of the pedal:

Just like before, I lined up the aluminum pedal over the OEM pedal, and drilled the holes with the bit.

Put the washers and the nuts on the reverse side:

After the pedals are fused, the brake pedal just slides right over the metal frame it came on. I had a hard time forcing it back on, and I was worried that the screws were going to stick out too far, but they weren't.

The Gas Pedal.

This is the bane of my existence!!! The gas pedal does NOT come off. If you know a way to undo the bolt in the back and remove the gas pedal, save yourself some aggravation and do it that way. Just like before, I lined the aluminum pedal over the gas pedal, and started screwing holes through it. The top two holes went through no problem.

The kit comes with this little thingy, and don't do what I did and ignore it. It's to hold the nut in place behind the gas pedal so you can screw it in.

Needless to say I wrestled with the nuts in the back of the gas pedal for quite some time, but I didn't give up and was able to secure the top two. The pedal is secure, but the bottom two holes are without screws. This IS going to bother me, and I will revisit this and post my solution. My drill bit wasn't going through the thickness of the bottom part of the gas pedal. There's something hard inside, probably more metal.

Voila! The finished product:

If anyone wants me to elaborate or change anything let me know!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:52:13 PM by Nit3h4wk C0uP3 » Logged
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »

So these screw right into the covers and not the pedals themselves?  That's interesting. I thought they went into the pedals.

Good right up Denny. Not bad for your first.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »

They do go onto the pedals, they screw right into the pedals. I felt a little bad putting holes in them.
Thanks!! Smiley
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »

They only one I feel bad about is the dead foot. I don't want to drill into the car.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »

I know, I felt bad too, but It wasn't that much, the screws stuck out a little bit. I guess I could have filed them down with my dremel. But it's a lot more stable than it was before. I was thinking, if I ever didn't like them, I could just buy new pedals from work Smiley
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:11:55 PM by Nit3h4wk C0uP3 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012