Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:12:45 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I were to Vinyl wrap my car what color should i go for  (Read 29704 times)
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »

When you did yours, apart from what's in the pics, what did you remove and or separate?

I removed the door moldings, trunk lid spoiler, roof molding (thing that goes from the rear windshield all the way to the bottom of the front one), I didnt do this, bu i recommend removing the hood so you can work the edges more comfortably.

Same thing i have going on; check out my profile. I started with carbon fiber but decided to go a different route. I will be sanding off all the damaged areas before wrapping. May also use 3m primer in those areas also.

If you sand it down very well and get rid of the flaking clear coat you wont have to use primer in those areas. Make sure you get rid of all the weak clear coat or else the vinyl will left it up for sure.  Where you should use primer is anywhere you have a less than 90 degree angle, for example the lower corner of the headlights, where the lip meets the bumper, where the rear bumper meets the trunk, and any other place where you had to stretch the material quite a bit.

Ok cool, when I did the carbon fiber I stuffed it behind that rubber molding on the roof the same way I did around the rubber for the windshield and back glass. I don't have any door moldings so that should save some time. Hood maybe staying carbon fiber if all goes as planned. I do have a pint of primer and edge sealer for all those tricky areas. Thanks for your insight bud. Also, from what i've done on the RDX, the 1080 is a lot easier to work with than the Di-noc because it's thinner.

Rich
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2014, 09:43:11 PM »

Here is a little photo shoot of my accord and another forum member's accord. It took me 4 days to do the blue one, the material is 3m 1080 and the color is called indigo.

SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »

How do you think it would be for an ameteur to do their own wrap?  Obviously it takes a lot of time removing body pieces and smoothing out each body panel, but would you say it is harder than tinting a couple cars worth of windows?
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »

Way harder than tinting. Not something I recommend an amateur to do, simply because the material is expensive and making mistakes can cost a lot of money, you gotta know how to work the heat and curves.
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »

Damn, thats what I thought.  P.S.  That matte gun metal color is pretty spiffy.
2i2dk1ny2i3
Fucking Newb

2i2dk1ny2i3 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2015, 03:45:00 AM »

i'd vote for something super unique and probably never been done by an Accord owner:

the Vinyl would probably cost more than some paint jobs
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012