Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:45:32 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [profile] treebranch_  (Read 8542 times)
treebranch_
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
treebranch_ pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »

About Me:
Interests: Football, cars, shoes & clothes, females, and making money

About My Car:
Model: 2007 lx sedan
Color: Nighthawk Black
Engine: k24a8
Tranny: 5 speed

Current Mods/Future Plans:
Current mods:
Tein s Tech springs
Custom Catback exhaust with borla muffler
18" Gold Drag Rims
5% tint all around and 40% tint on windshield

Mods in Progress:
Kmod Basic turbo

Future Plans:
Change to D2 coilovers
Different rims
Rear sway bar
short shifter

Pictures:

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

Hi! Welcome! black <3
treebranch_
Fucking Newb

treebranch_ pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:10:53 PM »

Hi! Welcome! black <3

ha thanks !!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:48:21 PM »

Welcome to ECM.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
du3ce
Fucking Newb

du3ce pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 08:56:02 PM »

what kind of numbers are u putting up with that turbo?
treebranch_
Fucking Newb

treebranch_ pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 11:53:59 PM »

what kind of numbers are u putting up with that turbo?

I'm not sure yet. We just got it running right tonight. Plan on taking it to the dyno next week.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »

Wow, love that turbo!    Intrigued to do some research on it, especially if it can add a little power with the stock internals... Welcome to ECM Smiley

EDIT:  Care to enlighten us on the specific components (i.e. parts list) used on the KMOD Basic turbo kit?  Relative costs? Expected power/torque gains? Engine management?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:04:41 PM by HEcreated487 » Logged

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »

Agreed.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
treebranch_
Fucking Newb

treebranch_ pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »

Wow, love that turbo!    Intrigued to do some research on it, especially if it can add a little power with the stock internals... Welcome to ECM Smiley

EDIT:  Care to enlighten us on the specific components (i.e. parts list) used on the KMOD Basic turbo kit?  Relative costs? Expected power/torque gains? Engine management?  Thanks!

Sure
parts include: precision 55mm turbo, cast log turbo manifold, 38mm wastegate, type-s blow off calve, and gs intercooler. A more detailed parts list can be found on kmods website ( http://www.kmodperformance.com/Forced-Induction.html )
The kit it self is 1900. not including an engine management system or installation.
Im running the Aem Fic. i will probably switch to the hondata k pro.

At kmod he says we will probably see at least 100 hp gain to the wheels....We wont know for sure until friday. The plan is to get it to the dyno friday.

My Experience with the turbo. So far i have spent around 3,000 on the turbo. I added a boost gauge and air fuel ratio gauge the list of items i wanted included. that price include the installation and tune. i estimate if you get the hondata k pro and all the things i got total price would be around the 3,300- 3,400 price range.

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »

So the engine internals (cam, intake manifold, retainer valves, pistons, etc.) are stock?  Is this being installed, tested and dyno'd at KMOD?

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »

Did Kmod dyno your car before the turbo kit was installed? If you decide to go down the kpro route, I'm guessing you will need a different engine harness and a cable throttle body. That's what had to be done to the two k24a8 Accord that are running kpro.

I have seen some decent gains with a turbo set up on a stock k24a4. I'm not sure about the turbo specs, but you will hopefully see a 100 whp gain.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
treebranch_
Fucking Newb

treebranch_ pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »

So the engine internals (cam, intake manifold, retainer valves, pistons, etc.) are stock?  Is this being installed, tested and dyno'd at KMOD?

yes all the internals are stock. im only going to be running 5lbs of boost.  Yes it is being installed and tested at kmod. He doesnt own a dyno yet but theres one down the street and he will do the tune
treebranch_
Fucking Newb

treebranch_ pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »

Did Kmod dyno your car before the turbo kit was installed? If you decide to go down the kpro route, I'm guessing you will need a different engine harness and a cable throttle body. That's what had to be done to the two k24a8 Accord that are running kpro.

I have seen some decent gains with a turbo set up on a stock k24a4. I'm not sure about the turbo specs, but you will hopefully see a 100 whp gain.

No kmod didnt dyno it before the install. yes i believe he already changed the engine harness. the two k24a8 accords did they also have a turbo set up?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »

They were k24a4 Accords with turbos.  I had my stock k24a4 boosted too, but never dyno'd it before I swapped the motor for a k24a2.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
treebranch_
Fucking Newb

treebranch_ pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »

They were k24a4 Accords with turbos.  I had my stock k24a4 boosted too, but never dyno'd it before I swapped the motor for a k24a2.

true true... my car needs to be but on the dyno. i will post results after for everyone to see
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012