Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:39:41 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best LCA replacement brand?  (Read 8185 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2012, 02:18:40 AM »

So when I was installing the Tein coilovers I noticed that my front LCA bushing was showing some serious signs of wear. It isn't completely gone yet, but probably by summer I'll be wanting to replace it. Any suggestions on the best LCA replacement brands? I know that the bushings can be replaced themselves, but it looks like a pure PITA having to burn/saw out the old and press in the new. I see Majestic wants about $285.58/side and Son's Honda wants $180.94 (Driver) / $143.10 (Passenger) for OEM - Fuck that. lol

TIA guys

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »

Why would you replace the arm unless it's bent? You can rent a press at AutoZone for free to press the new bushings in. Unless you want to spend some coin, doing just the bushings is your best bet.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:12:13 AM »

I would just replace the bushing if you can get the inner rubber out use a dremel to cut the race out and throw a new one in

NECM SQUAD#6
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Moog should make an lca.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »

so replacing the bushings really isn't that bad of a job? I saw on honda-tech them having to torch and saw the old out...looked like a pain lol

Ben

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »

I have to have my front bushings replaced at some point, they're cracked. Sketchy Ed at the other garage i went to said it was a PITA, but I don't trust him.
hondaguy214

hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:52:01 AM »

No way when I pull bushings out I blow e center of the bushing out Drexel the race real quick and it will peel right out. C-clamp and sockets  to push the new one in or a small vise. I have done them on my old civic without even pulling the LCD out just lowering it a little and hammering in a new one. I am a car mechanic, power sports and knowledgeable in mountain biking. The mechanic is just being a douche so he can get your money and work. When you go to put the new bushing in. Before you start anything put the bushings in the freezer

NECM SQUAD#6
hondaguy214

hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »

It will contract the bushing slightly might make it a little easier to get it in

NECM SQUAD#6
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »

Thanks for the advice man Good info - gave you a rep for that.

Ben

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »

Yes thanks! Smiley
hondaguy214

hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »

Even if it took you 2 hours it would still be cheaper than paying that guy to do it or having to replace the whole arm

NECM SQUAD#6
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »

It's a shame nobody makes an aftermarket replacement front LCA for our cars, but I wouldn't expect one to ever come out.  From what people have already said, it's a less expensive option to remove the old compliance bushing and replace it with a new one.  I did this on my car a few months back and it wasn't that bad.  If you have a vice or a c clamp, you'll be fine. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
hondaguy214

hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 12:31:43 PM »

Yeah deff. A shame that there isn't much out there. Oem= expensive

NECM SQUAD#6
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

there are some metal front LCA bushing. But not sure how well they hold up to places that have snow and salt.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »

PCI (Pro Car Innovations) makes spherical bearings to replace two of the bushings in the OEM lower control arm.  I believe they need to be rebuilt every 30 or 60k.  They will definitely improve performance, but requires more maintenance.  Honestly, the most difficult part about pulling out the lower control arm is getting the lower ball joint out.  Even that isn't a big deal.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012