Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:06:24 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A pillar removal  (Read 3395 times)
telavani
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
telavani pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:23:33 AM »

Maybe I am just an idiot but I cant find anything definite about this anywhere. I want to remove the a pillar trim but there is a airbag behind it and I don't want anything to go wrong with that. Does anybody know the best way to remove this trim piece? The reason is to run the wire for my new radios mic for bluetooth calling behind it. I think it should be able to fit without hindering the airbag but I have to get that trim piece off to see.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »

Pop that airbag button out and remove the screw underneath, pull down your door seal by the pillar, pop off the a pillar cover. Installation is reverse.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »

what Z said is absolutely correct, its very simple to pull the A pillar off. If you are just going to be running your bluetooth mic wire up there you dont even need to remove the A pillar you can just pull down the weather stripping by the door and there is a big enough space for you to slip the wire in behind the pillar trim. once you done just put the weather stripping back.

Steve - NECM #4

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »

Steve! Where the hell have you been? We missed you at that meet a little ways back.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
telavani
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
telavani pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:44:34 PM »

Thanks so much guys I appreciate the help!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 03:25:27 PM »

I'd do what Steve suggested with the weather stripping. Then you're not messing with the air bag in the pillar.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »

That's not exciting enough.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012