Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:30:22 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How-To: Install Hubcentric Wheel Spacers  (Read 6357 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »

Disclaimer: This article is being written as a reference guide only. Under no circumstances do I withhold liability should something go wrong and damage occurs to your personal vehicle. By following this how-to guide and choosing to go forward, you choose to perform this modification at your own risk. [/b]

HOW-TO: Install Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Tools Required:

x1 Heavy-Duty Floor Jack
x2 Jack Stands
x1 Torque Wrench
x1 Breaker Bar w/ 19MM Socket
OR
x1 Tire Iron
x1 3/4 Socket
x1 Tube Anti-Seize
x1 Pair Hubcentric Wheel Spacers (of desired size)

I decided to go with H&R TRAK+ Hubcentric, 20MM for the front and 25MM for the rear, as I have had wonderful past experiences with this brand.

BEFORE PICS:

1) Apply the parking brake & working on one side at a time, loosen the five 19MM lug nuts with the tire iron OR a breaker bar with a 19MM socket but do not fully remove them

2) Jack up either the front or rear of the vehicle (that you are working on) and properly support on jack stands.

3) Continue by removing the lug nuts completely off of the wheel:

4) Remove the wheel from the vehicle

5) Apply a small amount of anti-seize on your finger and apply to each of the factory wheel studs; A large amount is not needed.

6) Install the wheel spacer loosely onto the hub and continue applying anti-seize to the additional five studs of the wheel spacer

7) Thread the five nuts that were included with the wheel spacers onto the factory studs using your fingers.

8) Using a 3/4 socket and torque wrench, tighten the nuts to the hub. Torque them to the factory recommended setting for lug nuts: 79 ft-lb Torque

9) Ensure that the wheel spacer is sitting flush against the bore and hub

10) Re-install the wheel onto the five wheel studs of the new wheel spacer and tighten the factory lug nuts "hand-tight."

11) Install the other wheel spacer by repeating this procedure to the opposite side

12) Carefully & slowly lower the vehicle off of the jack stands and back to the ground

13) Torque the factory lug nuts of both sides to the recommended setting: 79 ft-lb Torque with your torque wrench & 19MM socket

14) Lastly, take the car for a ride to verify that the wheel spacers and wheels are sitting flush. The hubcentric bore of the wheel spacer is 64.1 and should fit snugly like a glove over the factory hub assembly. You should not feel any shakes or rattles. If you do, go back and double check all of your work.

AFTER PICS

Enjoy your now flushed wheels

(Coming Soon: How-To Install Coilovers)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:57:36 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »

I'd also like to add that if you choose to run spacers to get that lower offset look, they should be inspected often. Safety always comes first.

Even though these H&R TRAK+ are composed of an anodized aluminum/magnesium to give them extraordinary strength, there have been many scary stories of cheaper spacers, even including the more expensive Ichiba, where studs have broken; the spacers themselves have cracked; etc. As with any aftermarket product, please be careful and responsible.

Ben

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »

Except now your car has an even bigger need for a drop.  Low offset wheels have a tendency to do that. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »

lol I already have the Tein coils, they're sitting right beside me, teasing me - they're all cleaned up, tightened up, and height set for both front & back. Sad I just haven't had any free time to install them...it's driving me nuts!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:08:10 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:11:21 AM »

Should have thrown them on when you installed the spacers!

Nice DIY writeup!
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »

Thanks ike

Yea, I wanted to but I was pressed for time that day. I have an Ingalls camber/toe kit that I want to install at the same time. It's been cold out but going to reach back near the 50's at the end of this week / early next week. I'm hoping to get a day off to get those babies on!

Ben

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012