Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:45 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How-To: Install 7.5G Rear HFP Underbody Spoiler  (Read 7478 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »

How-to: Installation of the HFP Rear Underbody Spoiler

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any errors/damage that may occur to your vehicle, as this manual is being written as a guide. Installation is at your own risk!

Tools Required:
1x Philips Screwdriver
1x Flat-head Screwdriver
1x 10mm Socket
1x Ratchet
1x Bottle 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
1x Microfiber cloth/rag
1x OEM HFP Rear Underbody Spoiler
1x OEM Rear Underbody Spoiler Mounting Hardware
-- 2x Self-tapping Screws
-- 2x Spring Nuts
-- 2x Short Flange Bolts
-- 2x Long Flange Bolts
-- 6x Clip Nuts
-- 4x Recessed Bolts
-- 2x Flange Nuts
1x Roll of Masking Tape
1x Utility Knife
1x Blanket
1x OEM Instruction Manual - Print out page #6 TO-SIZE! 100mm x 100mm

1) Start by removing the rear bumper

-- There are two bolt tabs to be removed:

-- Remove the two 10mm bolts with your socket & ratchet

-- Remove 4 Washer Screws (2x each side)

-- Remove 2 Philips head Screws (1x each side)

NOTE: To save yourself from removing the rear wheels, you can use a tool like this one. It is a small, hand-held screwdriver ratchet. Otherwise, you will need to jack up the rear of the vehicle, support on jack stands, and remove the rear wheels. :thmsup:

-- Remove 2 Clips on the underneath

2) After removal of the rear bumper, use a blanket or bring it inside to prep & install the rear underbody spoiler

3) Prep the rear bumper by cutting out around the exhaust portions.

NOTE: The OEM rear bumper already has the cutout etched into it. If you are using an aftermarket bumper, you will need to use your cutout from page #6 of the installation instructions.

(OEM etched line - trace it with a black sharpie)

4) Okay kids, get out your art supplies! I used big-boy scissors Wink But a utility knife will work too haha Cut out the markings on the OEM rear bumper

-- When finished it should look like this:

5) Prepare the rear bumper for the 6 clips nuts by cutting along the edge to free up room for the clip nuts to easily slide into place. Note the position of the clip nuts:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:01:13 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »

6) Install the 2 spring nuts on the bumper's outer edge:

7) Attach a strip of masking tape to the end of the five adhesive backings, and remove 1.5-2" of the adhesive backings. Fold the ends back, and tape them to the front of the rear under spoiler

8) Using isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber cloth, clean the rear bumper where the rear underbody spoiler will attach

9) Position the rear underbody spoiler on the rear bumper and align it properly. Check that the bottom flange of the rear bumper is not over the bottom of the rear underbody spoiler.

10) Install the rear under spoiler with 2x washer screws, 2x short flange bolts, 2x long flange bolts, 4x recessed bolts, and 2x flange nuts on the 2x long flange bolts. Do not tighten the bolts or the washer screws yet.

(Long flange bolts nearest exhaust cutouts w/ flange nut and short flange bolt nearest the rear tire - 1x each side for each)

(4x recessed bolts)

11) While holding pressure on the rear underbody spoiler, slowly & carefully remove the adhesive backings starting in the middle and working your way towards the ends. Using the palms of your hands, firmly press the rear underbody spoiler against the rear bumper, holding steady pressure for 30 seconds.

12) Reinstall the rear bumper (2x 10mm bolts, 2x clips, 4x washer screws, 2x bolt covers)

13) While holding the rear underbody spoiler against the rear bumper, install the 1x self-tapping screw on each side. Make sure the bottom self-tapping screws are threaded into the rear inner fender.

14) Tighten the 2x washer screws installed previously

15) Tighten the 2x short flange bolts, 2x long flange bolts, and 4x recessed bolts

Lastly, ENJOY!![/color] Smiley :thmsup:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:58:23 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:29:20 AM »

STICKIED
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:55:26 AM »

Thanks Thien!

Ben

B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »

Nice write up! I didn't realize 06-07's had to cut the bumper for the rear lip. Did you have to buy the mounting hardware or did it come with your lip? I used a Home Depot-spec hardware kit because the dealership wanted an exorbitant amount of money for their hardware kit.

- Bobby
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 05:56:06 PM »

For the 06-07 HFP lips, the mounting hardware comes along with it, attached to the inside of the box in the baggy shown in the 1st pic

However, I ordered my rear from Sons Honda and it got lost during shipping. I immediately contacted them and without any hesitation they ordered one and shipped it out to me w/ no questions asked. I highly recommend them for their commendable customer service

Ben

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »

I ordered my rear from Sons Honda

Did they only charge you $21.95 for shipping?  I'm about ready to order the front lip but have a hard time believing that shipping is so cheap.  I don't want this to be another Majestic Honda story.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »

haha I have the same exact story to tell! I originally ordered from Majestic, I was all geeked about the $20 S/H, then the next day received the dreadful rejection e-mail "We're sorry, but the item is too big..." blah blah blah. So, I figured wth, might as well give Sons Honda a try, the worst that can happen is I get the same declining e-mail. But no, they are legit. They will ship for whatever the quote says. I believe mine was $20 and some odd change to PA.

If they have one in stock, order it man! But I had a hard time finding a front lip, that's why I ordered the silver oem one on eBay Found Here - $350.00 shipped and the seller is legit. They are brand new OEM front HFP lips for '06-07 coupes.

Ben

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012