Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:50:39 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 195278 times)
NytShade
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
NytShade pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 19, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »

So everything is plug and play? On my old GMC (01 Sierra) we had the plug that went from the sony H/U and cut out the stock cd player harness, and then wired the Sony Plug wires to the stock wires color by color (with the help of a 12v forum) If that makes sense..

I will need the Metra Dual to single climate control plug?

http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-7864-DZ

What about the steering wheel controls? is that wired through the stock harness?  

http://www.metraonline.com/part/ASWC

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2010, 11:44:33 PM »

Do you have dual climate control right now?  If you do, you will need the dual to single climate plug.  If you want the steering wheel controls, you will need that other thing, and that will wire into your OEM harness most likely with the Metra adapter.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NytShade
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
NytShade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »

Damn, this shits pricey yo.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »

Yeah, it adds up when you want stuff that's good.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »

Like they say, gotta pay to play.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »

Question for you Tim..

One of the wires that runs into my amp only accepts a small wire, and the wire coming to it is a much larger wire. Originally it was taped with electrical tape putting the two together, but now that doesn't work anymore and I have no power coming to my amp. What can I do to remedy this?

Thanks in advance..

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2011, 09:24:45 PM »

I'll need to get more specifics Justin.  I'm not sure which wire you're talking about.  If you had two wires spliced together and just held together with electrical tape, then that's your problem.  Fix the install and it should work properly.  Don't ever go back to the installer that did the hack job that's in your car.

Tim
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2011, 09:35:39 PM »

I'll post a couple pics tomorrow to show what I'm talking about. Hard to explain without having it right in front of me.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »

I'm sure I could fix it if I was close by.  Too bad I'm not going to be in MI for a few more weeks.

Tim
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2011, 02:42:46 AM »

does the oem 6 cd hu just plug and play with a single cd hu  both 2005 models?

-Alec
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2011, 03:24:01 AM »

Not sure. If both are single zone climate, I believe its a straight swap. Same should go for dual climate.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »

It should just be plug and play.  The 6 CD may require a code, so make sure you have that.

Tim
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2011, 07:00:54 PM »

gracis senors

-Alec
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 02, 2011, 02:42:35 PM »

gracis senors

Gracias Señores

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2011, 07:06:34 PM »

George Lopez?
i jingled the wires and plugs on the radio and hasnt done it in a while being an hour.... knock on wood

-Alec
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012