Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:21:39 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another DTD success story :)  (Read 5714 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »

I absolutely LOVE Discount Tire Direct (DTD). I have dealt with them in the purchasing of 4 sets (5 now) of tires, as well as, multiple friends/family members ordering from them thanks to my recommendation.

I got the deal of a lifetime that I just couldn't pass up. Michelin Primacy MXM4 215/50R17 93V 500AA tires MSRP for $187.06/each = $748.24, and I was able to find a set of 4 from a Honda Dealership on eBay for $155.00/each = $620 + $40 S/H, so $660 shipped.

R.J. my DTD Customer Service rep gave me a called today and said he would beat that price (you must feel out the "Found it lower?" form first). I gave him a call back and said "Oh, well actually I found them even cheaper! $128.41/each + $85.57 S/H = $599.21 shipped. Are you able to beat that?" He said "Hmmm, give me a minute let me see what I can do." He then came back to me and said "Alright, if I do $599.00 shipped to your door, can we keep your business?"

I then asked "Well, this other place is including their tire repair/replacement warranty within that price. Is your $599.00 offer going to include insurance?" He then explained to me that their warranty really was not all that it's cracked up to be, that it's the kind that down the road when you actually need them, they'll cause you a headache arguing to try to repair it, and if it can't be repaired, that they will only give you a pro-rated refund towards a new tire.

(I already knew this from being an existing DTD customer) but he then said "Our warranty is a FULL No-Questions-Asked tire replacement program, that is $22.00/tire - if anything should happen to one or all of your tires for the life of the tire (down to 2/32"), give us a call and we will ship you out a brand new tire (again, no questions asked unless of course we think you were abusing the warranty)."

I then thought about it and said, "Okay, so I'm looking at $599.00 + $88.00 insurance?" R.J. replies "I'll do you one better, I'll knock off one of the insurances, so you get 4 for the price of 3, bringing your total to $665.00 shipped to your door. I have 4 of them in the Ohio warehouse right now, so expect them in just a couple of days." I told him "Now THAT is why I remain a faithful DTD customer! R.J. you got yourself a deal, bud." Smiley Cheesy Wink

I mean, c'mon, $665.00 for 4 brand new 17" Michelin tires that already come with a 55K mile warranty through Michelin, plus not to mention, fully insured by DTD for the life of the tire... How can you beat that!? Not to mention a local tire shop that will mount/balance them for only $10/wheel, bringing my total to $705.00 mounted/balanced & fully insured. Still coming in under MSRP

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »

Thats not to shabby. I got my a set of Bridgestone G019 Grids 245/45 R17 brand new for $365 mounted, balanced, and with lifetime warranty.  Wink
Then I got a set of 215/45 R17 Bridgestone Potezna RE970AS Pole Position for FREE, and I got a free Wii on top of that.  Wink
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:37:45 PM »

LOL Weeeeeee to the Wii Wink I already have these Michelin's on the car but b/c the prev. owner was cheap, the two original Pilot MXM4 (NOT as good as the Primacy MXM4 and 1/2 the tread life) were put on the rear wheels, while she must have bought two brand new Primacy MXM4's for the front. Now, the rears are heading towards their last breath and with winter coming, I want to be prepared as PA winters can be extremely mild to extremely wild. A couple years ago, we got over 2 feet in 24 hours!! Last year, barely saw any of the white stuff...never even made it out snowboarding.

So, the two Primacy's that the prev owner purchased will remain as spares - they still have about 8/32 tread - so I basically will have 6 brand new all-season Michelin Primacy's

Ben

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:06:24 AM »

Haha, just to let you know. I work for Bridgestone/Firestone. I get 50% off on any Bridgestone tires. Free mounting and balancing.  Wink
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »

Haha that explains a lot, I was wondering how the hell you were finding Bridgestones for so cheap! Not to mention mounted & balanced Wink

Ben

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »

Thats not to shabby. I got my a set of Bridgestone G019 Grids 245/45 R17 brand new for $365 mounted, balanced, and with lifetime warranty.  Wink
Then I got a set of 215/45 R17 Bridgestone Potezna RE970AS Pole Position for FREE, and I got a free Wii on top of that.  Wink
That sounds about right if you get a 50% discount. I got the same tires for about $550 mounted and balanced. Except I think mine only had a 50k mile warranty.

I actually am going to need two new G019 grids on my new accord, because one got destroyed on the inside because of bad toe out when I bought the car. I'll definitely give DTD a look.

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »

Michelin's arrived!  Grin DTD has one of the fastest shipping rates I've seen for tires. Ordered end of business on the 1st, and arrived today on the 5th, which included the weekend. A+ in my grade book!

10/32 - Yeaaaah, buddy!

Ben

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »

I need one of those tire tread depth gauges Smiley

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »

I got it from Bernardi for like $3

The new tires are mounted/balanced. Total for all 4 came to $42.40 - I love my tire shop - $10/wheel for any tires up to 19"
They drive like I'm floating on air Smiley

Ben

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012