Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:50:14 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for coilover how-to on 7.5G V6 coupe  (Read 11690 times)
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

Reputation Power: 5
DreaminAccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 01:32:33 AM »

Haha wish you could too! It's always nice to have a buddy to work on cars with! Who else would stand there and look pretty until I tell him to go fetch me coffee? Wink

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 09:01:35 AM »

You're welcome to come out to OH if you want to do the work in a garage. The weather out here in PA sucks balls right now. I wouldn't be working outside right now.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 11:56:33 AM »

I know! Darn hurricane Sandy had to come visit the NE instead of just staying down south! I think we can waive g'bye to that beautiful weather we were still having (70's in October? Hell yea!) Thanks for the invite Tim - I have 3 garages and a 30x60 2 story barn w/ Hydraulic lift though The coils haven't arrived yet, as they're coming from Mike's house in HI. I'm sure w/ the storm mailing got delayed even more. But that's okay, because I'm also awaiting on my Ingalls camber kit to arrive (got both kits shipped for $149.12 - yeahhhh buddy).

Ben

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »

Good call on the camber kit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »

Agreed with Tim. Good call on the Ingalls rear camber kit. PRE SOAK THOSE BOLTS NOW. If not, you won't be having any fun taking those bolts off that holds the toe and lower control arm. They always gets seized. You can refer to my DIY.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »

Haha thanks Thien, I actually JUST did that outside before even reading your response! I soaked those mothers in some Liquid Wrench. I figured it'll be few more days, still, until the camber kit & coils arrive While I was at it, I folded down my rear seats (I have a 7.5G V6 Coupe) and was trying to determine how to get to the top hat nuts...any suggestions?

Ben

Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:52 PM »

Yet, you still might have to torch those bitches out, no matter how much soaking you do lol
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »

Yet, you still might have to torch those bitches out, no matter how much soaking you do lol

Well, I'm really hoping I don't have a problem with getting them lose. The car only has 27k miles on her now, and has been garaged her entire life. There is like absolutely no rust underneath her Smiley

But...on an excellent note, one Ingalls kit down! One more to go! Today was like a day of presents - I feel like a little kid on Christmas - not only did 1 Ingalls kit arrive, but so did my rear underbody spoiler mounting hardware from Sons Honda (It get lost during shipping of the original Honda box), as well as, I just ordered 4 brand new Michelin tires for a KILLER deal!

I'm going to put some Anti-Seize on the camber/toe kits, as well as, the threads of my Teins when they arrive just for that extra-added protection

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:21:18 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »

The way I got the top hat nuts on the rears was using a 3/8 ratchet and 14mm deep socket. It was the easiest way for me to get those off. You can lift the top rear deck up a tad to get the ratchet and socket over and just start ratcheting away.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »

So the rear deck just lifts up? there's nothing I need to pry off (clips), unscrew, etc?

Damn Mike, this anticipation is killing me! We should've just went for the 1 Day Hawaii to Pittsburgh special (ONLY $799.99 this time of year!)  :Smiley

Ben

MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 10:09:01 PM »

It doesn't lift up really. Its plastic so you lift up where it covers the strut mounting bolts. From there you can wiggle in the socket and ratchet. When you lift it up, you got like another 1/2 inch of clearance to get the ratchet in there and just start ratcheting away. I'd start with the back ones first. That way you can just loosen it and unthread the rest with your hands/fingers.
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 12:08:01 AM »

Awesome, thanks for the very helpful info Thien, I appreciate it man

Ben

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »

2nd Ingalls kit arrived today!  Grin Now just waiting on the coils...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:46:44 PM by DreaminAccord » Logged

Ben

DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »

So Thien, I went out to look at the rear deck cover again...how exactly is it removed? and just to clarify, I do in fact reach the top of the rear strut nuts from inside the car, not from inside the trunk...is that correct? (All of my prev cars you accessed from inside the trunk)

Ben

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »

You do access from inside. I'm not sure how it is with the coupe but on the sedan, you flip the rear seats down, pop that trim off where the seat latches and you should have access.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012