Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:17:54 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metra Upper dash kit  (Read 60675 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »

Seems like you're missing the trim piece that comes with the HU. That should close the gaps just fine.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »

The trim piece that came with my HU wouldn't fit, although my head unit doesn't have those gaps like his does. 
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:39 PM »

That CF wrap turned out very nice though!
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2013, 03:27:11 PM »

Not all head units have the same size bezel. It's unrealistic to expect them to all be the same. In a plug and play application like this, there are going to be gaps with some products.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »

Yeah my bezel didn't fit. it was too big. Son of a bitch!

Well it looks good when I put everything back together. So. I am not complaining. I did forget to plug in a wire for my rear back up cam. So back to the drawing board tomorrow. But for the most part it is all in.

radio controls also work. It nice how they integrated everything into one harness.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:50:05 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »

Don't know if it is the quality of the pic or that it is dark out, but the gaps don't look noticeable. 
thisaznboi88

thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »

sorry I took it with my crappy Iphone 4 cam, and it came out all blurry. But its really not noticeable since everything is dark behind it. I really hope that replugging the video cable will be easy. I don't want to take it all off again.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:54 AM »

Watch out for those little white clips on both the cubby and the unit.  They pop off the brackets EVERY time you take it out.  It won't fit back in very will without them. 
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »

So Metra emailed me out of the blue today and sent me files to do a firmware update for the unit to fix the HVAC only coming on when the fan +/- is pressed.  I don't plan to uninstall the kit to do the firmware update since I don't really care enough to retake my dash apart for the 100th time.  If anyone wants the files though, PM me your email address and I'll forward them to you along with the instructions on how to update. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »

I'd take the dash apart, but that's just me. Where is the USB port on the unit?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »

The rear of the unit near the HVAC connectors.   I've already partially broken one of the plastic mount pieces.  Not worth the risk of breaking it further IMHO.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »

Gotcha. I'll remember that when I get mine. I will probably just run a USB cable and make sure it's easy to access for updates.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:10 PM »

The sad thing is I ran a usb cord to my head unit for updates but didn't even think to do the same for the metra kit.  Oh well...
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2013, 03:35:15 PM »

Bummer.

So, are the only screws securing the Metra kit the 3 at the top underneath the center dash vent cover? Is the lower part held in by clips?

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »

There are three screws at the top, two clips on the lower part, and then two screws on the very bottom. 
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012