Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:32:26 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Wheel Recommendations/Consideration Thread**  (Read 109120 times)
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 10:56:40 AM »

I like the 57 S-Pro only because they are 7-spoke and remind me of my Weapons. The 57 Pros have to be one of the cleanest aftermarket wheels I have ever seen though. Rivetless 2-piece wheels FTW

driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »

jt when are those tires coming in for your 19's?? im dying to see how there going to look

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »

Tim, I've looked at the 57s, and they are my absolute favorite wheel but, the price tag is obsurd! I think the best I saw was $2400
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 11:19:23 AM »

Quote from: "driveaccord"
jt when are those tires coming in for your 19's?? im dying to see how there going to look

2EA Are being mounted and balanced today, and 2EA tomorrow. My tire shop let's me just tip the installer, so I don't like to smother them while their slammed. I will test mount one tonight and try to take some pictures.

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »

JT you deff need to post pics of the 19's I cant wait to see how good they look

Also, with your hook-up at discount tire what kinda deal can you get on 235/35-18?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »

YGPM Big Mike

BTW 2 tires are already mounted on the rim and HOLY RUBBERBAND TIRES! I thought the 235/35 had a little meat on the sidewall after seeing Scott's setup. but I guess this tire model is REAL low-profile. Here's a teaser...

Install pics tonight...

driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2009, 02:42:10 PM »

woot! yeah your not gonna want to drive those around town to much with that low profile of a tire....unless you got about 10 redbull in you to keep you alert.....cant wait to see the mounted pics tonight :mrgreen:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »

Quote from: "driveaccord"
woot! yeah your not gonna want to drive those around town to much with that low profile of a tire....unless you got about 10 redbull in you to keep you alert.....cant wait to see the mounted pics tonight :mrgreen:

Mounted pics were kind of blurry so I will get better ones tomorrow with all 4 wheels installed on car. It looked pretty sick and did not rub at all.

exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 04:08:30 AM »

i think i am going to talk whoever does my body work to roll my fenders when they fix my baby =[

Still trying to sell the gram lights...

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 12:47:31 AM »

Most body shops that you ask will look at you like you have 3 heads when you ask them to roll your fenders.  They don't do custom work, they just bring your car back to factory condition.  I know because I've gone to plenty of shops and they've all treated me like an asshole and said they either can't or won't do it.  One of my good friends does body work and he explained the part about them not doing custom stuff.  Hopefully you will find a shop that has the skills to roll your fenders, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »

I only deal with very true people for body work and mechanic work that i cant do myself. I have had many friends be screwed over by local shops. MY friend fuzzy said he will do the work for 500 and roll the fenders as well

Sorry for the thread jack... Back on topic, I Think I may roll on the gram lights for a while once i get the car fixed. At least until i sell them

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:59 AM »

Yeah I can pick out great bodyshops with the fingers from one hand. It's sad.

Anybody else shopping for some wheels or tires? Post pics!

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »

I'm going to be shopping for tires soon.  I need to install my front camber kit first though.  Firestone couldn't get the front DS wheel back into spec, so it's a 1.34 degrees of negative camber.  I'm going to be comparing the BFG G-Force sports, the Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports, and Yokohama S.drives in a 245/40/18.  The Yokohama's have the best user rating on Tire Rack, but the Bridgestones are fairly new and don't have any reviews yet.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »

That's a pretty beefy tire Tim, have you considered 255/35/18 or 235/40/18? That's the size I might go after once my G-Force's wear out. Sick of the ocasional rub with 265/35/18 even though it's the "correct" overall diameter ratio.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »

I have 235/40/18's already.  I'm already pushing the limit with getting 245's on a 7.5" wide wheel, so 255's is out of the question.  I was looking at 245/35/18's, but there was barely any selection.  The Yokohama's have the best reviews so far, and they're available in a 245/35/18, so I may get those.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012