Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Wheel Recommendations/Consideration Thread**  (Read 109112 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 02:05:49 PM »

My TL's are like 27 lbs, while my 18" Buddy Clubs are 18 lbs.  It all depends on what wheels you buy.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »

^^^Then again not sure what weight differences there may be between TL Fat Fives and TL-Ss. I would think that TL-Ss would be lighter since they are off the performance version of the TL.

On a side note Tim, DAMN!!! 18lbs for 18s. I think the tires weigh more! :shock:

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »

You are correct.  My tires weigh 25 lbs.  When I talked to Buddy Club last year, that's what they told me though.  They said the 18x7.5 +42 P1 Racing SF wheels were 18 lbs.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »

Quote from: "Blackhawk"
Quote from: "exelr8"
I have been having some trouble deciding on whta wheels i want once i get the gram lights sold

Any suggestions?

I'll take $385 shipped for tires any day versus $630 for the 19" tires. Get the TL-S rims, get some Falken Ziex ZE-912 235/35/17 for $385 shipped through my hookup at Discount Tire Direct, and call it a day :). I weighed my TL 5-spokes yesterday and them things are light compared to most 18's and 19's!

thats a hella good deal... once the gram lights are sold i think i will follow that idea

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »

And now i am stuck lol I was sittin here tlaking to the gorgeous news lady(who lacked intelligence but had a HUGE rock on her finger) and the idea of HFP wheels came to mind. This poses a question, what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Tru ... 240%3A1318

If anyone has photoshop and knows how to use it a picture would be greatly appreciated

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 09:13:02 PM »

I see more and more Accords nowadays with these and they look pretty hot, although I still haven't seen them on a lowered Accord, Big Mike.

PS: Just weighed my TL 5-Spokes (Made by Enkei which I didn't know) and they weighed in at 23.1lbs. I am surprised they weigh less than TL-S wheels.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:39:44 PM by Blackhawk » Logged

exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »

i am stuck between those, TL or TL-S wheels, or maybe something similar to your weapons

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:43 PM »

i am stuck between those, TL or TL-S wheels, or maybe something similar to your weapons

Just corrected my post. They actually weigh 4 lbs LESS than TL-S wheels. Your first mission is to sell the Gramlights first, then shop for wheels, Big Mike. If not you will end up like I was at some point... 5 sets in the garage & shit. Not fun

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »

PS: Just weighed my TL 5-Spokes (Made by Enkei which I didn't know) and they weighed in at 23.1lbs. I am surprised they weigh less than TL-S wheels.

I was told that they weigh more.  Good to know they're not 27 lbs.  For the record, all Honda OEM wheels are made by Enkei.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 12:02:43 AM »

What do you guy's think of these on my SSM coupe

exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 12:03:49 AM »

Just corrected my post. They actually weigh 4 lbs LESS than TL-S wheels. Your first mission is to sell the Gramlights first, then shop for wheels, Big Mike. If not you will end up like I was at some point... 5 sets in the garage & shit. Not fun

haha trust me man i know what you mean i have a garage full of old ford parts. i am working on selling the grams right now

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
What do you guy's think of these on my SSM coupe

I wouldn't get them because they're too flashy, but that's just me.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 07:41:59 AM »

I sort of agree, but I like the titanium look lip.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 07:43:55 AM »

A lip like that would only go well with a flat grey or black center, Mike. Otherwise it will pop too much like Tim said. Also the spokes bend in too sharply. In other words, too much going on. Let me see if I can throw you some suggestions.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »

The titanium lip is the main reason why I'm not crazy about them.  If you like them, then get them.  As I said, they're just too flashy for my tastes.  I have a feeling that as more companies start making wheels with the rainbow colored titanium lips, they're going to get extremely popular and over used like the black wheel/polished lip look.  My friend has those wheels with black spokes on his wife's RX8 and they just stand out too much.  If you're looking for different colors with the polished lip, I know that some of the Gram Lights 2 piece cast wheels have the titanium lip with graphite spokes.  They're a little more low key than the Konig's you posted.  The 57 Pro's are my favorite.
57 Maximum-Pro

57 Pro

57 S-Pro

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012