Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:50:15 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grille Removal  (Read 7861 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2012, 11:14:07 PM »

Does it have to be done with removal of bumper?

I have the top plastic part under the hood removed with its clips.

A S I M O
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »

I doesn't have to be, but it's a hell of a lot easier.  Bumper cover takes like 5 minutes to take off.  It's just easier to get to the bottom clips if you do. 

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:49:47 PM »

Alright thanks for the advice. That was my initial impression as well. I need to drive on top of boards since my front end is too low to stick my head and look anymore :S and my jack won't reach either

Thank you again!

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »

I'm not sure how the 06-07 grille is different from the 03-05, but I've always taken off my grille without removing the bumper.  I'd be surprised if you had to take the bumper off just for the grille.  That just doesn't seem practical.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:37:27 AM »

There's about 6 clips on the bottom, where you barely have enough hand clearance to get to.  The choice is between taking 5 minutes to remove the bumper cover or 15 minutes trying to reach the clips.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »

4 Clips underneath I could get to no problem through the gap between radiator and grille.... the screw on either side theres no way!

Bumper coming off soon

Bumper screw doesn't want to come loose because its bent from my wheel rubbing on the side

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »

Got the bumper off, its hanging by the one screw that won't come out though. Still good enough to do my grille work and fog lights

Grille was too narrow to fit. It has two 1/2" gaps on the sides

A S I M O
DreaminAccord

I <3 My Honda

DreaminAccord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 02:10:24 AM »

Glad you were able to remove it enough to do what you needed to do. However, being another 7.5G member and having removed my front bumper quite a few times, yes you can remove it without removing the bumper. There are 4 clips on the bottom (attaching it to the bumper fascia) and the top clips (which you remove by removing the radiator cover). It is definitely easier to remove the bumper, but as you said, if you have a stripped screw, it may be your best option in the future to just remove the grille.

What are you doing to your grille, I'm intrigued Smiley (you mentioned "grille work")

Keep us posted!

Ben

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/ Navi - 1st Honda!
Graphite Gray / Black Leather

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 07:37:12 AM »

ASEAN grille mod.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »

I have been doing some searching, and can't figure out what size clips I need to re-secure my front fascia.  I swerved off the road when a deer ran in front of me, and the fascia and black plastic underneath is hanging pretty low.  Does anyone know what size clips should be used?  I've been told 8mm, 9.5mm, and 10mm, but I would rather have someone's opinion on this forum, rather than somewhere else.

2006 accord sedan front fascia clip size?

Thanks!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 08:21:43 PM »

No idea to be honest. Mine is secured with zip ties.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »

I'll measure the replacements I got sitting in my glove box in the morning when I get to work. I purchased them  for an incident with wifeys old car and had a few left over that I've been using on mine as needed.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »

The part number for the clips is 91503-SZ3-003.  It doesn't say the size, but a quick google search will pull up quite a few places that you can buy them from.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »

Completely forgot about this today, but the part# Tim posted will get you what you need. You can get them on packs on ebay pretty cheap.

Rich
SilverAccords06n12
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »

I went ahead and ordered 40 10mm clips on amazon for 8 bucks right after I posted Sad   If they don't fit, I'll get the 91503-SZ3-003.  Interesting that the ebay seller states that those are acura clips, and honda clips from 1996+ are size 5, not 3, (part number 91503-SZ5-003). 

I'll post back when I receive the 10mm clips, in regards to fitment and quality, just in case anyone else out there is as cheap as me, and would prefer 40 clips for the same price as 15. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012